Posted by Joe Sullivan, Globe Staff March 17, 2013 07:19 PM
- I donít have any major complaints, not sure how I feel about that.
- The Mountain West, Sully Courtís favorite league to watch this season, got the respect it deserved with five bids including Boise State as one of the last four in.
- Same is true of the Atlantic 10, which also received five bids, including LaSalle as one of the last four in.
- I really like that the final four at-large bids went to non-power conference teams.
- The Pac 12 got five bids but not respect, especially tournament champion Oregon checking in as a 12 seed.
- Still find it amusing that Kentucky was excluded from a field of 68. I do enjoy it.
- Donít agree with James Madison being seeded behind Florida Gulf Coast, Albany, and Southern. The Dukes are clearly better than those three. Theyíll beat LIU, but Indiana will be too tall of an order.
- First-round games Iím excited about at first glance: Colorado State-Missouri, Pitt-Wichita State, Notre Dame-Iowa State, VCU-Akron, Michigan-South Dakota State, UCLA-Minnesota, San Diego State-Oklahoma, NC State-Temple, Butler-Bucknell, Marquette-Davidson, Illinois-Colorado, Boise State-LaSalle, Middle Tennessee-Saint Maryís.
- Upset watch: The 2-15 can sometimes produce one, the best possibilities are Pacific-Miami and Iona-Ohio State. A 4-13 almost always happens, so the ones to watch are the Boise-LaSalle winner vs. Kansas State and Syracuse-Montana.
News, analysis and commentary from the following Boston Globe and Boston.com writers:
Look for updates from the following Boston Globe reporters:
- Michael Vega
- Mark Blaudschun
- Nancy Marrapese-Burrell