Some strange-but-true statistics:
• The Red Sox are still second in the majors in runs scored (755) and first in OPS (.791).
• The Red Sox lead the American League with 1,098 strikeouts. Then again, they are third with 522 walks.
• The Sox have used 133 batting orders in 149 games. The most common order …
… was used a grand total of five times.
• Through Sunday, the Red Sox have had 952 games missed by players on the disabled list. They’ll end the season at just over 1,000.
• The Red Sox have used 43 different combinations of players in the outfield, their most since 1996.
• The Sox have used 52 players this season and had 54 on the active roster for at least one day.
• The Sox have used 25 pitchers, tied for the most in the AL with the Royals.
• Adrian Beltre has the most extra-base hits ever by a Red Sox third baseman.
• Jon Lester’s 18 wins are most for Red Sox LHP since Bruce Hurst in 1988.