Unfortunately, this bears repeating from time to time. But please adhere the bounds of civility when commenting on Extra Bases.
The baseball hot stove is a fun time for fans and if last year year is any indication, we’ll get plenty of comments on the blog posts and that’s terrific.
Here’s all we ask:
• Try and stay on topic. The idea is to have a good running conversation among smart fans.
• Do not personally attack each other. Don’t write something you wouldn’t say in person. Be respectful.
• Referring to a player, executive or manager as an “idiot” or some other insult is not intelligent baseball talk. Hopefully you have something worthwhile to add to the conversation. If not, feel free to read along until you do.
• Please don’t use asterisks or other symbols to imply obscenities. If you are incapable of expressing yourself about baseball within a public forum without cursing, consult a thesaurus.
• If you have some sort of question for one of the writers, or a problem, feel free to e-mail us.
Thanks. We appreciate you reading and your contributions. Comments and suggestions are always welcome.