Small fire at Fenway Park is contained


fenwayfire.jpg

There was a small fire at Fenway Park today. Here’s some information from the Boston Fire Department:

The call came in at 11:26 a.m. for a fire on the second floor of the administrative office area in a mail room. The fire was caused by an electrical short circuit near a wall-mounted light fixture. Damage was estimated at $100,000.

Archival photos were stored in area of fire and Red Sox staff members are assessing the damage.

(Photo from Boston Fire Department Twitter feed)

Advertisement