ST. PETERSBURG, Fla. — Six pitchers, one run. Lots of correct buttons pushed by Bobby Valentine tonight.
A few notes:
• Carl Crawford was 0 for 4 with a walk and stolen base for Triple A Pawtucket. He also played nine innings in left field.
• Pedro Ciriaco was 3 for 3 with a sacrifice and a stolen base. He is 10 for 16 in four games and has at least three hits and one steal in three consecutive games. Johnny Damon was the last major leaguer to do that, in 2000 with Kansas City. Ciriaco is the first Red Sox player to do it. Ciriaco is 23 of 55 (.418) in his 35 career games.
• Franklin Morales has allowed three earned runs over 29 1/3 innings on the road this season.
• The Rays have lost 10 of their last 15. But they have David Price and James Shields going the next two nights.
• Will Middlebrooks came out of the game only for precautionary reasons.
• Bobby V said Adrian Gonzalez wasn’t moving around well during batting practice and was “stiff.” Valentine believes it’s a residue of Gonzalez being sick.
Thanks for reading. Catch you tomorrow.