Anywho, Sports Illustrated polled 245 NFL players before the season began on a variety of topics and has been publishing results in issues published during the football season. This week’s topic: Who are the most underrated players in the league?
1. (tie) Aaron Rodgers, QB, Packers – 5 percent
1. (tie) Wes Welker, WR, Patriots – 5 percent
3. (tie) Andre Johnson, WR, Texans – 3 percent
3. (tie) Ray Rice, RB, Ravens – 3 percent
5. Matt Schaub, QB, Texans – 2 percent
Welker was also the top vote-getter in the same poll last year. For the record, his 346 receptions from 2007-09 were tops in the league in that span.