FOXBOROUGH – Here is a quick rundown of practice attendance and headlines after Saturday’s session.
We’ll be back later with a full rundown of what transpired.
Full pads, for the first time in camp.
Reserve/did not report: RG Brian Waters.
Physically unable to perform: LG Logan Mankins (knee), RT Sebastian Vollmer (back), C Nick McDonald (unknowns), OT Markus Zusevics (unknown), TE Daniel Fells (shoulder), TE Jake Ballard (knee), DT Myron Pryor (shoulder), WR Jeremy Ebert (hamstring).
Red jerseys: WR Matthew Slater, S James Ihedigbo,
Not participating: S Nate Ebner (unknown), CB Alfonzo Dennard (hamstring), OT Darrion Weems (no contact for new players per the CBA), LB Brandon Spikes (no team drills).
Injured during practice: TE Rob Gronkowski left the field after taking a shot to the face. He returned a short time later with a bandage on his chin.
DL Justin Francis had to be carted off after suffering a left knee or calf injury. It did not look good. The undrafted free agent from Rutgers was ascending, so this is a bit of a blow.
LB Tracy White also had to leave the field with an undisclosed injury.
- Francis could end up being the first significant injury of camp.
- CB Ras-I Dowling had the first big hit of camp when he took out RB Stevan Ridley. Players are not supposed to tackle to the ground, but the tackle appeared accidental.
- S Patrick Chung, who is always looking to get in on the action, had to run a lap when he tackled Ridley to the ground on the next play.
- Initial impressions from one-on-ones between the offense and defensive lines: DE Chandler Jones did well for himself, LT Nate Solder was up and down, and NT Vince Wilfork lost for the first time since 2010 camp to Dan Connolly. Wilfork was undefeated last camp.
- LB Dont’a Hightower took more first-team reps at strong-side LB in place of Bobby Carpenter. Hightower continued to back up middle LB.