FOXBOROUGH – A quick look at the highlights from this evening’s light practice on the lower practice field.s
Reserve/did not report: RG Brian Waters.
Exempt/left team: FB Tony Fiammetta.
Physically unable to perform: RT Sebastian Vollmer (back), OT Markus Zusevics (unknown), TE Daniel Fells (shoulder), TE Jake Ballard (knee), DT Myron Pryor (shoulder).
Continued to be out: CB Alfonzo Dennard (hamstring), LB Tracy White (unknown), TE Visanthe Shiancoe (unknown), DT Jonathan Fanene (unknown), FB Spencer Larsen (unknown), OT Matt Kopa (leg), DT Ron Brace (unknown), OT Kyle Hix (right shoulder).
New injuries: TE Rob Gronkowski (unknown), WR Britt Davis (shoulder), FB Eric Kettani (unknown), CB Malcolm Williams (unknown), S James Ihedigbo (unknown), LB Dane Fletcher (left knee), DT Gerard Warren (unknown).
Returned to practice: LG Logan Mankins (right knee – no team drills), LB Brandon Spikes (left knee), DT Ron Brace (unknown), WR Deion Branch (right hip).
Shells and shorts.
- Attendance was the big thing today, as it usually is after the first game.
- Right guard Logan Mankins, just six months removed from surgery on his right ACL, was back in uniform. He can’t practice in pads until the third practice, but I would expect them to bring him along very slowly.
- TE Rob Gronkowski was in street clothes but worked out with the rehab group. That usually means it’s minor. There were a bunch of new injuries following the game, which we noted above.
- Not a very good practice for the passing offense. There were five drops and four interceptions (Tom Brady, Ryan Mallett and two by Brian Hoyer). Both are camp highs.
- Ryan Wendell was the starting center the entire practice.
- RB Shane Vereen still had far less reps than any of the other backs in practice, even after his good performance against the Saints.
- Spikes was in the mix a little more but without pads, hard to tell if he’s full go or not.