|Submitted by Heather Harwood, Northborough, MA
- 4 medium baking potatoes
- 2-4 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 cup chicken, cooked and shredded
- 1/2 cup hot sauce (preferably Frank's)
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup fresh blue cheese
Serve with celery sticks and blue cheese dressing on the side, if desired.
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Scrub potatoes and pat dry, then rub outsides with oil.
- Place potatoes on a baking sheet and cook until potatoes are tender, about 1 hour.
- Remove potatoes from oven and let cool. When potatoes are cool to the touch, cut each potato into quarters then scoop out centers, leaving 1/2-inch-thick layer of cooked potato on skins.
- Place skins back on the baking sheet (skin side down) and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Put the skins back in the oven and bake for another 15-20 minutes for skins to crisp. While they are cooking, prepare the chicken mixture.
- Melt butter in a saute pan, add hot sauce, and blend until smooth. Add shredded chicken and simmer, on low until chicken is warmed through, about 5-10 minutes. Keep warm.
- Remove skins from the oven. Spoon chicken mixture into skins and sprinkle with blue cheese.
*Place back in oven until cheese melts, approximately 5 minutes.