* The list of players not on the field at all remained the same: Ty Warren, Nick Kaczur, Gary Guyton, Matthew Slater and Bret Lockett were not spotted; Jonathan Wilhite, Patrick Chung, Terrence Johnson, Myron Pryor, Ron Brace and Mike Wright were shorts-wearing observers. This marks the first time Chung has not practiced; running back Thomas Clayton, who had missed the past couple of days, returned.
* During one-on-one work with the receivers and defensive backs, Julian Edelman made a great move on Brandon Meriweather to get separation from the safety, leading to an open "touchdown" catch for Edelman; during the same drill, rookies Taylor Price and Devin McCourty battled, and the ball was too far in front of Price to make the catch.
* Tried to keep an eye on the defensive pairings, and with Wright, Warren and Pryor absent, Vince Wilfork was flanked by Damione Lewis on his left and Gerard Warren on his right; Lewis and Brandon Deaderick also got snaps at end with Kyle Love at nose tackle.
* Also saw a lot of Jerod Mayo and Brandon Spikes paired together at inside linebacker, with Jermaine Cunningham at LOLB and Tully Banta-Cain at ROLB.
* There was once again a focus on 11-on-11 red-zone work, with Tom Brady looking to his running backs and tight ends quite a bit.
* Former Pats' offensive lineman Joe Andruzzi, whose career ended when he learned he had Burkitt's lymphoma in 2007, hosted several Dana-Farber patients and their families for the practice. Andruzzi is two years cured, and he and wife Jen have joined the fight against cancer through the Joe Andruzzi Foundation.