Posted by Greg A. Bedard November 10, 2010 05:31 PM
FOXBOROUGH - A few bits of information about Sunday's opponent, the Pittsburgh Steelers:
- Rank fourth in total yardage allowed and 24th against the pass. Steelers have the NFL’s top run defense (58.3 yards). No team has rushed for more than 75 yards against Pittsburgh (Tampa in Week 3).
- Steelers have allowed 11 touchdowns in eight games and lead the league with 15.4 points allowed per game. They have a league-leading 21 takeaways (also No. 1 with plus-9 in takeaway/turnover ratio).
- Steelers defense is tied for fifth with 24 sacks.
- They have out-rushed seven of their eight opponents by an average of almost 60 yards.
- The touchdown Pittsburgh scored to open Monday night's game against the Bengals ended a five-game scoreless drought on a game-opening drive (touchdown or field goal).
- Steelers have scored three times (two TDs, FG) to open their eight games. They have two field goals to open the second half in eight games.
- Pittsburgh has struggled on offense. It is 28th overall - 12th rushing and 27th passing.
- Steelers’ average passing yards (181.9) is 41.5 yards below the league average.
- WR Mike Wallace leads the NFL with 23.0 yards per reception.
- RB Rashard Mendenhall ranks seventh in the NFL with 702 yards.
- Steelers are 25th in third-down conversions (35 percent).
- Pittsburgh has been outscored, 63-54, in the fourth quarter.
- Steelers are 13-4 in primetime regular-season games under Mike Tomlin.
- Tomlin has won one of five challenges this season.
- Patriots TE Rob Gronkowski was born in Pittsburgh and attended nearby Woodland Hills High.