Good morning. Here is your PDB for Wednesday, Aug. 17, 2011. It contains all the links, info, analysis and occasional humor that you'll need to go about your day. If you can't detect sarcasm or take yourself and/or football too seriously, this may not be your thing.
WHAT'S ON TAP
- 1-1:45 p.m., walkthrough practice open to public on the grass fields
- 7:30 p.m., Exhibition #2 at Tampa Bay Buccaneers
- Vince Wilfork is all over Yahoo!Sports' investigation in the the University of Miami football program. Means nothing. Won't affect him one bit.
- The Patriots aren't happy with the play of S Brandon Meriweather. The question is, what do they do about it? Either nothing, because there's nobody at this stage that will come in and start. Or they promote from within. If Sergio Brown can show tomorrow he's capable, he may get a chance.
- RB Stevan Ridley returned to practice after leaving Tuesday's session.
- Bill Belichick doesn't seem to be a fan of the new kickoff rules.
- Corwin Brown's family thinks he's suffering from symptoms related to brain trauma.
- Chad Finn is a big fan of the Patriots' depth.
- The blogger removed the photos of Tom Brady's son.
- Patriots get the Fifth Down Blog treatment over at the NY Times.
AROUND THE DIVISION
- Oh yeah, the Jets landed Aaron Maybin. Super. Bowl.
- Things aren't totally perfect for Gang Green.
- The offensive line is banged up
- Bart Hubbuch of the NY Post was here yesterday trying to stir up trouble.
- Chad Rinehart has replaced Andy Levitre at left guard.
- WR Stevie Johnson wants to be a leader. Isn't that the same guy who took his frustrations out on God last year?
- Another rookie linebacker is hurt.
- Psst, the Eagles still have problems on their offensive line. Just don't tell anybody.
- Eli Manning thinks he's an elite quarterback like Tom Brady. Yeah, nobody else does.