Posted by Greg A. Bedard September 12, 2011 08:40 PM
Some quickie thoughts at halftime:
- QB Tom Brady got off to a hot start but cooled a bit in the second quarter. He finished 14 of 22 for 211 yards and one touchdown. The Dolphins' pass rush is starting to get into a better rhythm now and Brady's going to have speed up his clock a little bit with backups (or newcomers) at all three positions on the right side and center.
- The Dolphins have no answer for the two tight ends. Patriots should keep pounding them.
- The injury to Dan Koppen really puts the Patriots in a rough spot. Dan Connolly is on the spot now at a crucial position. Brady will have to do more line adjustments than usual.
- The Patriots, to no one's surprise, is using a deep defensive line rotation. After a rough start on the opening drive, they're starting to do some things and generate pressure.
- That Ras-I Dowling started at CB must have surprised the Dolphins. Expect them to go after the rookie more in the second half.
- Patrick Chung has been all over the field. He's the leader back there and he's going to need to continue to play big.
- As long as the Dolphins continue to make Chad Henne have to beat them on long drives, they should do OK.