< Back to front page Text size +

Brace activated to 53-man roster

Posted by Shalise Manza Young, Globe Staff  November 5, 2011 05:50 PM

E-mail this article

Invalid E-mail address
Invalid E-mail address

Sending your article

The Patriots have announced that defensive lineman Ron Brace had been activated to the 53-man roster, filling the spot opened when the team released Ross Ventrone on Thursday.

Brace, a second-round draft pick out of Boston College in 2009, started the season on the physically unable to perform list after undergoing elbow surgery in January. The 6-foot-3, 330-pound Massachusetts native began practicing on Oct. 18, during the Pats’ bye week, the first day he was allowed to do so under league rules.

New England had until Tuesday, or 21 days after he first practiced, to either activate him to the 53-man roster or place him on season-ending injured reserve.

On Friday, Brace said he was eager to play.

“I would finally get a chance to actually be out there and be part of the team and help win games,” he said. “It’s something I’ve been waiting for for a good 10-plus months now.”

News, analysis and commentary from Boston.com's staff writers and contributors, including Zuri Berry and Erik Frenz.

NFL video

Watch Patriots analysis and commentary by CineSport

browse this blog

by category
archives