Here are some notable notes and statistics from the Patriots' Monday Night Football win over Kansas City, courtesy of the New England PR department:
BELICHICK MOVES PAST BILL PARCELLS ON CAREER COACHING VICTORY LIST
Bill Belichick won his 184th career regular season game as a head coach with the win against Kansas City. Belichick moved past Bill Parcells into sole possession of ninth place on the NFLís all-time list. Chuck Knox is eighth with 193 career wins.
MOST CAREER WINS / NFL HEAD COACHES
Head Coach - Team(s) - Years of service - Record
1. Don Shula - BAL, MIA - 33 - 347-173-6
2. George Halas - CHI - 40 - 324-151-31
3. Tom Landry - DAL - 29 - 270-178-6
4. Curly Lambeau - GB,Cards, WAS - 33 - 229-134-22
5. Chuck Noll - PIT - 23 - 209-156-1
6.Marty Schottenheimer - CLE,KC,WAS,SD - 21 - 205-139-1
7. Dan Reeves - DEN,NYG,ATL - 23 - 201-174-2
8. Chuck Knox - LAR,BUF,SEA - 22 - 193-158-1
9. Bill Belichick - CLE, NE - 17 - 184-103-0
10. Bill Parcells - NYG,NE,NYJ,DAL - 19 - 183-138-1
11. Mike Holmgren - GB, SEA - 17 - 174-122-0
12. Joe Gibbs - WAS - 16 - 171-101-0
13. Paul Brown - CLE, CIN - 21 - 170-108-6
BRADY PASSES CHILDHOOD IDOL JOE MONTANA WITH 118 WINS
Tom Brady earned his 118th win as a starting quarterback to move past Joe Montana for seventh place on the all-time list for regular-season victories by a starting quarterback. Johnny Unitas is in sixth place with 119 wins.
MOST CAREER WINS AS A STARTING QUARTERBACK
(Regular season only)
Rk Name W-L-T Pct.
1. Brett Favre - 186-112-0 .624
2. John Elway - 148-82-1 .643
3. Dan Marino - 147-93-0 .613
4. Peyton Manning - 141-67-0 .678
5. Fran Tarkenton - 124-109-6 .531
6. Johnny Unitas - 119-64-4 .647
7. Tom Brady - 118-35-0 .770
8. Joe Montana - 117-47-0 .713
9. Terry Bradshaw - 107-51-0 .677
10. Warren Moon - 102-101-0 .502
BRADY MOVES PAST BOOMER ESIASON INTO 15th ON THE NFL PASSING YARDS LIST
Brady (38,010) entered the Kansas City game with 37,776 yards and needed 145 yards to move past Boomer Esiason (37,920) into 15th place on the NFLís all-time passing yards list. He moved past Esiason on a 25-yard pass to RB BenJarvus Green-Ellis in the third quarter. Dave Krieg is in 14th place with 38,147 yards.
BRADY REACHES 25 TOUCHDOWNS FOR THE SEVENTH TIME
Tom Bradyís 19-yard touchdown pass to TE Rob Gronkowski was Bradyís 25th scoring toss of the season. It is the seventh time in his career that he has passed for 25 or more touchdowns, tying Dan Marino for third on the NFL all-time list for most seasons with 25 or more touchdowns.
ARRINGTON PICKS OFF TWO PASSES; LEADS NFL WITH 7 INTERCEPTIONS
Kyle Arrington had two interceptions tonight and leads the NFL with seven interceptions. Arrington picked off a QB Tyler Palko pass at the New England 18 yard line and returned it 28 yards to the New England 46-yard line late in the first half. He also picked off a Palko pass in the third quarter to increase his 2011 totals to seven interceptions and is leading the NFL. The last Patriots player to lead the league in interceptions was Asante Samuel with 10 in 2006. It is the second time in his career that Arrington has had two picks in a game. He had his first 2-interception game at Buffalo on Sept. 25, 2011.
GRONKOWSKI REACHES 20 TDS IN FEWEST GAMES AMONG TIGHT ENDS IN NFL HISTORY
With his two touchdowns, Rob Gronkowski now has 20 career touchdowns. He reached the 20 mark in just 26 career games, the fewest games among tight ends in NFL history.
TIGHT ENDS TO REACH 20 TOUCHDOWN RECEPTIONS IN THE FEWEST GAMES
Player - Team - Games to 20 TD catches
Rob Gronkowski - Patriots - 26
Mike Ditka - Chicago - 31
Kellen Winslow - San Diego - 35
Antonio Gates - San Diego - 37
BRADY ON PACE TO SET ALL-TIME PASSING NUMBERS
After throwing for 234 yards against the Chiefs and 3,266 yards through nine games this year, Tom Brady is on pace to finish the season with 5,226 passing yards. Only two NFL players have thrown for 5,000 or more yards in a season with Dan Marinoís NFL record 5,084 in 1984 and Drew Breesí 5,069 in 2008. The most yards Brady has ever thrown in a season is 4,806 in 2007.