FOXBOROUGH Ė Some quickie thoughts at halftime:
- The Patriots have made significant changes with their coverages, and I just think itís practice for the postseason. Theyíve played almost all man-to-man underneath one or two deep safeties. The safeties in nickel and dime are Patrick Chung and Devin McCourty. This is an admission by the Patriots that McCourty is not capable of playing man coverage.
- The Patriots arenít going to play all man in the postseason but itís important that they practice it now so they can mix it in.
- Bills have 295 total yards and 235 passing yards at halftime.
- Patriots set the league record for gross and net passing yards allowed in a season.
- LB Dane Fletcher and DB Nate Jones were pulled in favor of LB Brandon Spikes and WR Julian Edelman after the Bills raced to a 21-0 lead.
- Chung looks pretty good in his return.
- Remember that the Bills played their final four drives without WR Stevie Johnson, who was benched after drawing a penalty celebrating his touchdown.
- The Patriots have benefited from a rookie at LT Chris Hairston (sack allowed) and journeyman at center Colin Brown (fumbled shotgun snap) for the Bills.
- RB Stevan Ridley ran well with 48 yards on nine carries as he continues to take the starting job from BenJarvus Green-Ellis.
- Aaron Hernandez (81 yards on four catches) is killing the Bills underneath.
News, analysis and commentary from the following Boston Globe and Boston.com writers: