The Patriots will continue organized team activities today with another session open to the media in the runup to mini-camp, which will be held next week.
Today's practice session in Foxborough is the third session open to the media, after which several players are expected to be made available for interview, including:
- OL Dan Connolly - Connolly is in competition with Dan Koppen to be the Patriots' starting center.
- WR Jabar Gaffney - Gaffney, who played with the team from 2006 to 2008, is competing for a spot in a crowded position group of wide receivers. The team currently has 11 receivers.
- FB Eric Kettani - Kettani was placed on the reserve/military list in 2009 and has been in the Patriots's fold since. He was on the team's practice squad early last year before returning to active duty and has been granted an early release from the Navy to continue playing football professionally.
- LB Jerod Mayo - The defensive captain will have his first speaking session with the media since OTAs began. He leads a revamped defense that has an influx of 16 new players in camp, including eight linebackers and defensive ends who were drafted or signed through free agency.
- P Zoltan Mesko - The punter's charity event, ZoliOke, which benefits Boston Children's Hospital, is coming up on Saturday. It's a 7 to 10 p.m. event at Royale in Boston.
- DL Gerard Warren - The veteran is once again in a position crunch with 14 defensive lineman currently on the roster. Last year, he was waived after training camp, then re-signed after the Patriots's Week 3 loss to the Buffalo Bills.
Practice will begin at about 10:30 a.m. and should last through 12:30 p.m. We'll have updates from Foxborough after the practice session.