FOXBOROUGH - Here is a quick rundown of practice attendance and headlines after the second practice.
We'll be back later with a full rundown of what transpired. Today was slighter lower key
Shells (soft pads) and shorts. None of the players wore their usual knee braces.
Reserve/did not report: RG Brian Waters.
Physically unable to perform: LG Logan Mankins (knee), RT Sebastian Vollmer (back), C Nick McDonald (unknows), OT Markus Zusevics, TE Daniel Fells (shoulder), TE Jake Ballard (knee), DT Myron Pryor (shoulder), WR Jeremy Ebert (hamstring).
Red jerseys: WR Matthew Slater, S James Ihedigbo,
Not participating: S Nate Ebner (unknown)
Injured during practice: CB Alfonzo Dennard (right hamstring).
- Rookie CB Alfonzo Dennard, a seventh-round pick, pulled up with a hamstring injury after colliding with FB Spencer Larsen. Dennard received ice treatment and did not return.
- Biggest personnel change was Dan Connolly and Robert Gallery switching guard spots to left and right, respectively, with the starting unit.
- QB Tom Brady was again sharp although he was intercepted by LB Bobby Carpenter on an underthrown pass to TE Aaron Hernandez.
- Hernandez was among those to field punts.
- LB Brandon Spikes again didn't take part in team drills, or really any drills.
- Jake Bequette took Chandler Jones' DE spot in subpackages.
- Punt team work today after kickoffs on Thursday.
- Will Allen saw more time at CB today but still goes with the safeties group in drills.