FOXBOROUGH - Here is a quick rundown of practice attendance and headlines after the first practice.
We'll be back later with a full rundown of what transpired.
Full pads for the second-straight day (not a surprise with an off day on Monday for the players).
Reserve/did not report: RG Brian Waters.
Physically unable to perform: LG Logan Mankins (knee), RT Sebastian Vollmer (back), C Nick McDonald (unknown), OT Markus Zusevics (unknown), TE Daniel Fells (shoulder), TE Jake Ballard (knee), DT Myron Pryor (shoulder), WR Jeremy Ebert (hamstring).
Red jerseys: WR Matthew Slater, S James Ihedigbo,
Not participating: CB Alfonzo Dennard (hamstring), S Nate Ebner (unknown), LB Tracy White (unknown), LB Brandon Spikes (knee), DE Rob Ninkovich (unknown. He was on the field but didn't do much).
Returned to practice: DL Justin Francis (carted off with left leg injury on Saturday).
Injured during practice: C/G Jamey Richard left practice with a concussion, a league source said. He dealt with one at the of the 2010 season with the Colts, so this will need to be watched.
TE Visanthe Schiancoe (undisclosed) did not finish teams drills but walked off after practice.
There didn't appear to be any injuries during practice. Not true. Richard and Shiancoe did not take part in team drills to finish practice.
- QB Tom Brady and WR Brandon Lloyd again hooked up on a bomb. I know, big shock at this point.
- But the offense overall did not have a good day. Seemed a bit sluggish.
- Saw a lot of Chandler Jones and Trevor Scott on the field together at DE. Ninkovich didn't participate much.
- Saw our first LB vs. RB pass blocking drills. Dont'a Hightower demolished FB Eric Kettani right into RB coach Ivan Fears, who fell to the ground. Jerod Mayo was very active in the drill, and Dane Fletcher made Stevan Ridley look pretty bad at one point.
- Francis continues to impress after an injury scare on Saturday. He's extremely active and energetic in drills and team sessions.
- OG Donald Thomas and DT Ron Brace were among those to standout in one-on-ones.