FOXBOROUGH - Here is a quick rundown of practice attendance and headlines after the first practice.
We'll be back later with a full rundown of what transpired.
Full pads for the third-straight practice.
Reserve/did not report: RG Brian Waters.
Physically unable to perform: LG Logan Mankins (knee), RT Sebastian Vollmer (back), C Nick McDonald (unknown), OT Markus Zusevics (unknown), TE Daniel Fells (shoulder), TE Jake Ballard (knee), DT Myron Pryor (shoulder), WR Jeremy Ebert (hamstring).
Red jerseys: WR Matthew Slater, S James Ihedigbo.
Not participating: CB Alfonzo Dennard (hamstring), S Nate Ebner (unknown), LB Tracy White (unknown), TE Visanthe Shiancoe (unknown), C/G Jamey Richard (concussion), DE Rob Ninkovich (unknown), WR Deion Branch (unknown), FB Tony Fiammetta (unknown).
Returned to practice: OT Darrion Weems was able to practice in pads for the first time according to league rules.
LB Brandon Spikes (knee) took part in all the drills for the first time.
Injured during practice: None.
- With Spikes back on the field we were able to see the LB trio of Spikes, Jerod Mayo and Dont'a Hightower on the field for the first time.
- DE Jermaine Cunningham continued his surging play, both in drills and team periods.
- Donald Thomas got a majority of the reps at left guard instead of Robert Gallery. Thomas has earned that with his standout play so far.
- Former great Giants LB Carl Banks was on hand.
- Brandon Bolden had the first running back fumble of camp and had to run a lap.
- Ross Ventrone intercepted Ryan Mallett thanks to Aaron Lavarias' pass break up.
- With Ninkovich out, Trevor Scott and Chandler Jones continued to start.
- Jones dominated Nate Solder in one-on-ones and then the LT got revenge with a strong punch block.
- Lot of red zone work.
- Tavon Wilson got some first-team reps with the first team for Steve Gregory.