By Greg A. Bedard, Globe Staff
FOXBOROUGH – A quickie look at the practice on Thursday afternoon:
Reserve/did not report: RG Brian Waters.
Exempt/left team: FB Tony Fiammetta.
Physically unable to perform: RT Sebastian Vollmer (back), OT Markus Zusevics (unknown), TE Daniel Fells (shoulder), TE Jake Ballard (knee), DT Myron Pryor (shoulder).
Continued to be out: CB Alfonzo Dennard (hamstring), LB Tracy White (unknown), TE Visanthe Shiancoe (unknown), DT Jonathan Fanene (unknown), FB Spencer Larsen (unknown), OT Matt Kopa (leg), OT Kyle Hix (right shoulder), FB Eric Kettani (unknown), DT Gerard Warren (unknown), S James Ihedigbo, CB Malcolm Williams.
New injuries: WR Jabar Gaffney (right quad).
Limited in practice: LG Logan Mankins (right knee - some team drills).
Returned to practice: RG Dan Connolly was full go after being limited
Injured during practice: S Tavon Wilson (left ankle) did not return.
RB Stevan Ridley (right hamstring) did not return.
Full pads for fourth-straight day.
- A couple of new injuries to be concerned about with Wilson and Ridley going off and not returning. Didn't appear overly serious. Aaron Hernandez was checked out at one point but returned.
- Nate Ebner took over Wilson's role as the "money" position -- a LB/S/CB combo.
- A lot of "four minute" where the offense is trying to run out the clock at the end of the game. The offense was so bad that LB Jerod Mayo was openly mocking them to bring the punt team out of third down.
- Both WR Julian Edelman and LB Niko Koutouvides were kicked out of practice by Bill Belichick following a light scuffle.
- At one point the first- and second-team offenses allowed three sacks in six plays.
- RG Logan Mankins took his first team reps of practice with a rep here and there sprinkled in.
- Ryan Wendell's turn at center today.
- Brandon Bolden played a lot of fullback.