FOXBOROUGH – A quickie take on this afternoon's practice, which was very light. It was basically a walkthrough.
Reserve/did not report: RG Brian Waters.
Physically unable to perform: LG Logan Mankins (knee), RT Sebastian Vollmer (back), C Nick McDonald (unknown), OT Markus Zusevics (unknown), TE Daniel Fells (shoulder), TE Jake Ballard (knee), DT Myron Pryor (shoulder), WR Jeremy Ebert (hamstring).
Red jerseys: WR Matthew Slater (shoulder), S James Ihedigbo (shoulder).
Not participating: S Nate Ebner (unknown), CB Alfonzo Dennard (hamstring), LB Tracy White (unknown), C/G Jamey Richard (concussion), WR Deion Branch (unknown), FB Tony Fiammetta (unknown), TE Visanthe Shiancoe (unknown), CB Will Allen (unknown), WR Brandon Lloyd (unknown), DT Jonathan Fanene (unknown), FB Spencer Larsen (unknown), DE Jake Bequette (unknown), OT Matt Kopa (leg).
Returned to practice: C/G Dan Connolly, DE Rob Ninkovich.
WR Jabar Gaffney walked very slowly off the field to the locker room with a trainer and did not return.
WR Deion Branch, who hasn't been participating in most drills, also left the field.
After four-straight padded practices, the Patriots were in shells for this low-key practice.
- Gaffney's injury is obviously a concern.
- Also not great that three players -- Larsen, Bequette and Kopa -- were added to the recent uptick of players on the sidelines, like Lloyd, Fiammetta, Branch, Shiancoe, Allen and Fanene.
- Rough practice for the passing offense all around. There was a strong wind.
- Another day, another new offensive line: LT Nate Solder, LG Robert Gallery, C Dan Koppen, RG Dan Connolly, RT Marcus Cannon.
- Tom Brady was intercepted by S Steve Gregory.
- Real good practice for S Tavon Wilson in pass coverage against the tight ends.