Posted by Greg A. Bedard April 26, 2013 08:32 PM
Here are a few nuggets/thoughts on Dobson:
- 6-2 3/4, 210 pounds, ran 4.42 at his pro day. 33-inch arms, 9-inch hands, 4.29 in the short shuttle, three-cone drill in 7.2 seconds.
- Wonderlic score: 19. On lower end for receivers they've drafted, but David Givens (18) certainly worked out. Same score as Taylor Price, way better than Chad Jackson (15), who had the worst. Deion Branch (26) had the best.
- Played in a spread offense where he usually played the X spot. Could go deep or take short passes from there. Very good hands.
- Would fit exactly what the Patriots are looking for at the X position. Has the ability to get deep, make circus catches in the air with very good leaping ability. Question will be how quickly he contributes because most scouts think he's a bit raw and needs work. Will probably help going from a bad quarterback situation to one of the NFL's best.
- OurLads Scouting had a third/fourth grade; Pro Football Weekly had second/third; Mel Kiper had second/third but said "2-3 years down the road people are going to wonder why he wasn't a top 15-20 pick."
News, analysis and commentary from the following Boston Globe and Boston.com writers:
Tweets from @GlobePatriots/boston-com-patriots