We've been keeping attendance for the Patriots at each practice for some time now, so there's not much surprise as to who will be available for Friday night's preseason game against the Philadelphia Eagles.
As with most things Patriots related, not all absences will be explained nor will they all be injury related. (Think Jake Bequette last week.) But we do know that for players who do not participate in the team's walkthrough, which occurs the day before a game, we can be almost certain that player will not suit up for a game.
So here's our list of Patriots we do not expect to play Friday night:
- RB Tyler Gaffney (meniscus)
- TE D.J. Williams (unknown)
- LB Cameron Gordon (unknown)
- TE Michael Hoomanawanui (unknown)
- LB Jerod Mayo (unknown)
- OL Chris Martin (unknown, NFI)
- WR Jeremy Gallon (unknown, PUP)
- DL Chris Jones (ankle/leg)
- DT Sealver Siliga (hand)
- S Tavon Wilson (unknown)
- S Kanorris Davis (unknown)
- LB Ja’Gared Davis (unknown)
- LB James Anderson (unknown)
In addition to this, left tackle Nate Solder left the practice field Thursday with an injury. He may not suit up.
Also for Friday's game, there are a number of Patriots who are on the fence and may or may not play but have practiced this week, including newcomers.
- DT Jerel Worthy
- DT Ben Bass
- WR Aaron Dobson (foot)
- DT Dominique Easley (knee)
Quarterback Ryan Mallett, who did not participate in two practices this week, has said he is ready to go.
The Patriots held out 17 players against Washington in the team's preseason opener.