Patriots coach Bill Belichick is scheduled to hold a pre-draft press conference today (noon), although he isn't expected to answer the question most want to know: Who is the team hoping to select with the 23rd overall pick in the draft?
It is the same in every NFL city. Teams don't benefit from tipping their hand, and that makes these pre-draft press conferences a bit tricky.
With this in mind, if you had the chance to ask Belichick a question, what would you ask?
Here were a few thoughts I had (feel free to include yours in the comments section):
1) Has your involvement in the scouting process been different this year without Scott Pioli?
2) How do you rate the depth of this draft for the Patriots? Is there a position that has more depth than usual for the Patriots?
3) Have any trade discussions taken place at this point?
4) If you were looking for someone to help the team's pass rush, what is your confidence level that a "value" player who could help in 2009 will be there at pick 23?
5) There doesn't appear to be a pure lead-blocking fullback on the roster. Is that something you'd like to come out of the draft with, or could that role possibly go to a tight end or someone else?