Phil Kessel and Peter Schaefer were kept off the ice today because of slight hip flexor issues. David Krejci came off the ice early because of hip and groin stiffness. But in all cases, Claude Julien emphasized that the injuries were minor.
* Manny Fernandez made it through the entire practice session without limitations. Fernandez was sidelined on Friday because of a bruised right thumb and middle finger.
* Julien said Zdeno Chara (shoulder) and Shane Hnidy (knee) could play on Wednesday against Montreal.
* Last year, the Bruins brought 27 players to Vermont for practices and team-building activities. This time around, they have 31 players present. Julien acknowledged it was more than expected and that it reflected the decisions the coaching staff and management will have to make prior to getting down to the NHL maximum of 23 players prior to the start of the regular season.
* Julien expected that Sunday would be the latest the organization could go before making final cuts.
* The Bruins will practice tomorrow at the Ice Center in Waterbury at 9:30 a.m. They are scheduled to hold their morning skate on Wednesday at the Ice Center at 10 a.m., then bus to Montreal for the game at 7:30 p.m. at the Bell Centre.