Patrice Bergeron was involved in all four goals. (Jeff Roberson/AP)
For the first time this season, the Bruins won their third straight game. Patrice Bergeron triggered the offense with assists on all four goals.
"Road trip's not over," Bergeron said. "We can't be satisfied with three wins."
* Marc Savard didn't score a point in his return, but said he felt fine after the game. Savard snapped the puck around on the first power-play unit, and Bergeron, dropped to the second unit, assisted on two PP goals.
* Milan Lucic, who scored a second-period goal, led all players with five hits.
* All four centers won at least half of their faceoffs.
STICK SALUTE: Daniel Paille. Was on the ice for 2:17 on the PK, most of any forward. Was relentless in his puck pursuit.
SIN BIN: Chris Mason. Poor clearing pass led to Marco Sturm's shorthanded goal.
All done in St. Louis. Bruins, 4-2.
11:14 (3). Bruins, 4-2. Marco Sturm with the SHG. Patrice Bergeron picks off a Chris Mason clearing attempt and sets up Sturm in front.
8:10 (3). Chris Mason robs Patrice Bergeron with a diving stick save.
4:19 (3). Brad Boyes on the doorstep after Tuukka Rask can't handle an initial shot. Rask covers up after the bobble.
1:35 (3). Giveaway by Mark Recchi to B.J. Crombeen in the slot. Zdeno Chara steps in front of the shot.
After 40 minutes, Bruins with a 3-2 lead. St. Louis still leading in shots, 19-15.
* Some very nice work by the Bruins in front of their own net. They've got good sticks and good positioning to limit the Blues' in-front chances.
* So much zip on both PP units. Does Marc Savard make that big of a difference in confidence?
16:10 (2). From his knees, Marco Sturm puts a shot on goal. Good glove save by Chris Mason.
12:52 (2). Eric Brewer dumps David Krejci and is called for interference. Shaky call. Bruins 2 for 2 on the PP so far.
12:10 (2). Bruins, 3-2. Milan Lucic tips a Zdeno Chara point shot past Chris Mason. Nice pass by Patrice Bergeron up the wall to Chara to start the play.
7:37 (2). Tied, 2-2. Brad Boyes drives to the net and sets up Carlo Colaiacavo in front with a clever backhand dish.
7:22 (2). Byron Bitz vs. Barret Jackman. Meanwhile, Roman Polak goes off the ice with a bloodied face. Not sure if he caught the puck or a stick.
5:52 (2). St. Louis timeout. Andy Murray not looking pleased.
3:02 (2). Bruins, 2-1. Patrice Bergeron threads a cross-crease pass to Blake Wheeler at the left circle. Wheeler winds and snaps a PP shot past Chris Mason.
After 20 minutes, tied at 1-1. St. Louis with a 16-6 shot advantage.
* Not a bad first period back for Marc Savard. The center made one Savvy-like pass on the power play to Marco Sturm. Later in the first, Savard nearly set up Sturm for a down-low chance. We'll see how he holds up as the TOI increases.
* Bruins moved the puck crisply on their only power play. Looks like they've already got a bit more swagger with Savard back on the PP.
* The Blues possessed the puck for most of the first. They've got lots of speed up front and some mobile defensemen on the back end. Tough to figure out why these guys only have 20 points.
13:30 (1). Andrew Ference doesn't care for a high hit by T.J. Oshie. Oshie keeps the gloves on.
13:10 (1). Marc Savard sets up Marco Sturm during a two-on-one, but Chris Mason comes out to stuff the left wing.
12:31 (1). Tied, 1-1. Keith Tkachuk with the tip-in from the slot.
11:00 (1). Bruins, 1-0. Mark Recchi with the PPG. Chris Mason stops Patrice Bergeron's first shot, but Recchi swats the rebound past the goalie.
9:21 (1). High-sticking on Mike Weaver. Our first look at the Marc Savard PP.
7:47 (1). Big hit by Cam Janssen on Zdeno Chara. Shawn Thornton might have to address that.
6:01 (1). Sharp glove save by Tuukka Rask on Jay McClement. Good pace to the game so far.
2:15 (1). Scoring chance for Marc Savard on the center's first shift.
1:10 (1). Milan Lucic flattens Barret Jackman.
0:15 (1). Scoring chance right away for Keith Tkachuk. Good save by Tuukka Rask.
0:00 (1). Vladimir Sobotka and Johnny Boychuk are the healthy scratches.