Arnesson is a two-way defenseman. Arnesson scored zero goals and one assist while playing for the men’s team. On the junior team, Arnesson scored one goal and three assists. Djurgarden did not play in the Swedish Elite League. The club competed in Sweden’s second-tier league.
Arnesson compared himself to Chicago defenseman Niklas Hjalmarsson, who had a strong series against the Bruins.
Arnesson interviewed with the Bruins during the NHL combine in May in Toronto. Arnesson will play in Sweden next year, then transition to North American play.
* The Bruins took forward Peter Cehlarik in the third round. Cehlarik is a 6-foot-2, 192-pound forward from Slovakia. Cehlarik played for Lulea in Sweden this past year. GM Peter Chiarelli used Michael Handzus as a comparable.
* The Bruins drafted forward Ryan Fitzgerald in the fourth round. He is the son of ex-Bruin Tom Fitzgerald. Ryan Fitzgerald will be a Boston College freshman this fall.
* Defenseman Wiley Sherman was selected in the fifth round. The native of Greenwich, Conn., is a 6-foot-6, 206-pounder who played for Hotchkiss in 2012-13.
* The Bruins took forward Anton Blidh in the sixth round. Blidh scored 17 goals and 10 assists for Frolunda.
* The Bruins closed out the draft by taking forward Mitchell Dempsey with the 210th pick.