Many streets along the Boston Marathon course will be closed to traffic on race day, Monday, April 15, and others in Boston will be closed even earlier to allow officials to set up the finish area. Here is a list of road closings provided by the Boston Athletic Association.
BostonWednesday, April 10 to Tuesday, April 16: Boylston Street, both sides from Exeter Street to Arlington Street (intermittent closings)
Saturday, April 13 to Tuesday, April 16: Dartmouth Street, both sides from St. James Avenue to Boylston Street
Sunday, April 14 - 8-11 a.m. Various streets through Downtown, Beacon Hill and Back Bay for BAA 5K and Invitational Miles (closed as run progresses to finish line)
Monday, April 15 All streets around Copley Square will be closed at 6 a.m. All streets inside of Massachusetts Avenue will be closed at 9 a.m. All streets outside of Massachusetts Avenue will be closed at 9:30 a.m.
- Commonwealth Avenue from Newton Town Line (Lake Street) to Chestnut Hill Avenue
- Chestnut Hill Avenue from Commonwealth avenue to Brookline Town Line (Ayr Road)
- Beacon Street from Chestnut Hill Ave to Brookline Town Line (Cleveland Circle); from Beacon Street through Brookline; from Brookline Town Line (St. Mary's Street) to Comm Avenue
- Berkeley Street from Stuart St. to Newbury Street
- Commonwealth Avenue from Beacon Street to Gloucester Street
- Massachusetts Avenue from Beacon Street to Belvidere Street
- Boylston Street from Massachusetts Avenue to Arlington Street
- Dalton Street from Belvidere Street to Boylston Street
- Hereford Street from Commonwealth Avenue to Boylston Street
- Gloucester Street from Commonwealth Avenue to Boylston Street
- Fairfield Street from Boylston Street to Newbury Street
- Exeter Street from Commonwealth Avenue to Huntington Avenue
- Dartmouth Street from St. James Avenue to Newbury Street
- Clarendon Street from Commonwealth Avenue to Stuart Street
- Berkeley Street from Columbus Avenue to Newbury Street
- St. James Avenue from Arlington Street to Dartmouth Street
- Stuart St. from Arlington Street to Dartmouth Street
- Trinity Plac from St. James Avenue to Mass. Turnpike on-ramp
- Public Alley #440 from Exeter Street to Dartmouth Street
- Providence Street from Arlington Street to Berkeley Street
CourseHopkinton: 7:30 a.m. 1 p.m.
Ashland: 7:30 a.m. 1:00 p.m.
Framingham: 8:45 a.m. 1:30 p.m.
Natick: 8:45 a.m. 2 p.m.
Wellesley: 8:45 a.m. 2:30 p.m.
Newton: 9:00 a.m. 3:30 p.m.
Brookline: 9:30 a.m. 4:30 p.m.
Boston: Variable 6 p.m.
Note: Road re-opening time frames are estimates and exact road reopening time frames will be dependent upon density of runners remaining on course and ability to safely reopen the roads.