10 MOMENTS TO SAVOR FROM FALL 2012
But meet belonged to Andover, again
A Billerica boy may have been the buzz, but the headline on the Division 1 girls meet belonged to Andover, which won its 13th state title in 14 years and fourth straight for a talented group of seniors. Maggie D'Innocenzo was one of the 14 seniors on the roster and the Souther Cal-Bound swimmer led the way for coach Marilyn Fitzgerald's talented group, winning two events. "Today is very emotional, especially with 14 seniors," said Fitzgerald after jumping into the Harvard pool in celebration. "In four years time you get really close to these kids. I'm overwhelmed."
Essdras M Suarez / Globe Staff
- Choose another
- Page 1
- Picture this, Rocha on historic run
- For Calabria, a goal to remember
- Hey, where's everyone else?
- But meet belonged to Andover, again
- A change for football
- Four of a kind for Watertown
- Lowell streaks to matching EMass titles
- Golf's best weather visit by Sandy
- Everett takes the back road to top
- Overnight success for Upper Cape