(Essdras M. Suarez / Globe Staff)
senior / 400 hurdles
Michelle Jenssen, Mansfield
Jenssen won the first 400-meter hurdles All-State title, finishing in 1:02.82. Jenssen went undefeated this season, winning the Hockomock League championship, and State Coaches (1:04.64) and Division 2 (1:03.53) meets.
Paul Urban, Bridgewater-Raynham
Urban, a three-time Coach of the Year, guided his alma mater to a 7-0 Old Colony League record and OCL championship. Urban who graduated from North Adams State, led the Trojans to a fifth-place finish at Division 1 states.
Derek Ellis, Mansfield
The indoor All-Scholastic Coach of the Year, Ellis duplicated his success outdoors, finishing 9-0 in the Hockomock League. The Hornets, led by Ellis, won the Hockomock League meet, Division 2 State, All-State, and Division 2 State Relays titles.
John Griffith, Wellesley
In only his second year as coach, Griffith led Wellesley to a Division 3 State championship. Griffith is 11-4 in his career and compiled a 4-1 record in the Bay State League Herget division. He graduated from Springfield College in 1995.
Dick Sullivan, Westwood
Sullivan posted an 8-1 league record in his second season at Westwood. The former longtime Randolph coach has revived the Wolverines program, leading it to a third-place finish at the Division 4 meet indoors and fifth place outdoors.
senior / discus
Kelly Allen, Norton
Allen dominated the circle this season. The school record-holder in the discus and shot put, she won the All-State meet, besting the field by 18 feet (140-7). Allen, who will attend Tufts next fall, also won the State Coaches and Division 4 State titles.
senior / shot put
Emmaline Berg, Holliston
Berg, a Nike All-American indoors, won the State Coaches meet (42-7 1/2), Division 3 (42-11 1/2) and All-State (42-10 1/2). Berg who was nominated for the Gatorade/ESPN Mass. Athlete of the Year, holds the Tri-Valley League record with a throw of 43-9.
sophomore / 400
Emily Broyles, Mansfield
Broyles, the Hockomock League Champion in the 400, finished first at the State Coaches (58.25), Division 2 (57.72), and All-State (56.54, school record) meets. She also paced the Hornets to an All-State team title with the 4 x 400 team.
sophomore / high jump
Moira Cronin / Andover
Cronin broke a 28-year-old meet record by placing first at the Division 1 State meet with a jump of 5-7 (school record). Cronin also won the All-State meet (5-6) and paced the Golden Warriors to a Division 1 State Relay title.
senior / javelin
Stefanie Danehy, Medway
Danehy capped her career with a superb season. She won the Division 4 (128-4) and All-State (133-10) meets and was a runner-up at New England championships (137-3). Danehy was selected as the Best Female Athlete at Medway this year.
senior / 100 hurdles
Meghan Ferreira, Mansfield
Ferreira captured her second All- State title, missing the meet record by .01 seconds (14.54). Ferreira, headed to Harvard this fall, holds school records in the 100-, 55-, and 50-meter hurdles and 4 x 100 and 4 x 400 (indoors) events.
freshman / pole vault
Karla Ganley, Wellesley
The freshman phenom finished first at Division 3 States, setting a meet record with a jump of 10-6. Ganley also finished third at All-States (10-6) and led the Raiders to a Division 3 State Relay record in the pole vault (27-0).
sophomore / 800
Margo Gillis, Newton North
Gillis, the Boston Athletic Association Scholastic mile champion, won the 800-meter All-State title, besting one of the deepest fields in recent memory in 2:14.13. Gillis, a Bay State All-Star, finished third at the Division 1 State meet.
junior / triple jump
Berkeley Hall, Pembroke
Hall won the Division 4 State meet with a jump of 36-10. She also placed first in the 100-meter hurdles (15.48) at the Division 4 meet. Hall, a runner- up in the triple jump at All- States, also plays on the volleyball and gymnastics teams.
senior / 2 mile
Kelsey Karys, Newton South
Karys, a Dual County League All-Star and four-time cross country All- Scholastic runner, won the Division 1 State meet in 10:54.92 seconds. She was a runner-up at the All-State meet for the second straight year with a time of 10:54.62.
senior / mile
Kirsten Kasper, North Andover
Kasper, the Boston Globe/Will Mc- Donough Athlete of the Year, won the All-State meet in 4:49.15 and the Division 2 meet (4:55.80). Kasper, who will attend Georgetown next fall, was the only runner in the state to break 4:50 in the mile outdoors.
junior / long jump
Deanna Latham, Triton
Latham won her second straight All-State (19-4 1/4) and Division 3 (18-5 1/4) titles. She also won the 100-meter hurdles at the Division 3 meet. Latham was named the State Coaches runner of the meet, winning the 100 hurdles and triple jump.
junior / 100
Molly O'Dea, Hingham
ODea, who was named the Globes Indoor All-Scholastic Runner of the Year, won the State Coaches meet with a time of 12.27 seconds and the Division 3 State meet in 12.46. She was a runner-up at All States (12.38) and fourth at New Englands.
sophomore / 200
Cory Ryan, Norwood
Ryan, the Bay State Herget champion in the 200 meters (26.71 seconds), also won the Division 2 state meet (25.89) and the All-State meet (25.62). Ryan also led the Mustangs to a first-place finish in the shuttle hurdles at the Division 2 State Relays.
Every time (from left) Christy Deininger, Carolyn Udall, Lauren Goldberg, and Julianne Cappadona ran together they broke a meet record, winning All- States, State Coaches, Division 2, Division 2 Relays, and the Hockomock meet. Goldberg (Ithaca), Cappadona (Sacred Heart), Udall (Oral Roberts) are seniors.
The Hornets, (from left) Emily Broyles, Michelle Jenssen, Katie Jenkins, and Erika Unger, set an All- State meet record, winning in 3:53.01. They also won the State Coaches and Division 2 meets as well as the New England title. The Hornets were first as a team at All-States.
Marika Crowe, Ellie Hylton, Claire Arthur and Andrea Keklak (from left) won the All-State meet in 9:15.83. Lincoln-Sudbury placed third at Division 1 meet in 9:38.89, trailing only Weymouth and Newton South. Hylton, the only senior, will attend Harvard.
- Atlantic Coast: Sarah Burke, Michaela Butler, Megan Barry, Bridget Dunbar, Megan Maloney, Bailey Burke and Rachael Hathaway, D-Y; Kristine Bunker, Shannon Marcoux, Sarah Cross, and Kim Cardeiro, Falmouth; Maggie Dow, Julie McCauley, Cammie Brown, Meg Landry, and Jocelyn Hubbard, Marshfield; Ashleigh Berg and Jen Wilson, Plymouth North; Jess Wagner and Lauren Richard, Plymouth South; Caroline Warren, Caroline Conena, Anna Gannett, Emma Reidel, and Mikheila Tropp, Sandwich.
- Bay State: Siobhan Flaherty, Nika Ouellette, and Amanda Jew, Brookline; Camille Murphy, Amanda Egesi, Alissa Howell, Jessica Whitfield, and Nicole Gomes, Framingham; Cheryl Tran, Milton; Becca White, Laurie Femmel, Shannon Foley, and Holly Lanchantin, Natick; Carolyn Ranti, Emma Kornetsky, Michele Kaufman, Margo Gillis, Amy Ren, and Emily Hutchinson, Newton North; Katie Bernazzani, Cory Ryan, and Megan Underhill, Norwood; Kristan Papirio and Erica Hawley, Walpole; Hanna Muir, Analisa Levin, Carly Daniel, Marianna Pucillo, and Amber Spencer, Wellesley; Jenn Bell, Samamtha Bennett, Kayla Sullivan, Carolyn Connolly, Jillian Corcoran, and Rachel Ivil, Weymouth.
- Big Three: Aponi Washington, Shannon Singletary, Kiarra Alvarado, Nathalie Victoria, Destiny McCortell, and Arianna Freeman, Brockton; Silvia Cabrera, Nicole Massoud, Bianca Roberts, and Holly Santos, Durfee; Alyssa Roach, Annifreed Sinjour, Joanna Silva-Jones, Courtney Neves, Hannah Dayton, Maggie Poyant, Brianna Perrey, Andrea Moniz, Alex Medeiros, Keila DosSantos, and Kenzie Offley, New Bedford.
- Boston City: Jade Arnold-Scott, Ticarmel Cherisme, Roxanna Kozub, Nicolette Gordon, Adrienne Thornton, and Ayana Warfield, OBryant; Tanya Jones, East Boston; Eva McDonald, Jasmine Hill, and Jazzmyn Howell, Latin Academy; Maria Coleman, South Boston; Sara Chapman, Snowden; Tshani Williams, New Mission.
- Catholic Central League: Erica Gagnon, Abp. Williams; Harriett Gabbidon and Lauren Reis, Arlington Catholic; Lauryn Granara, Austin Prep; Joanne DeLorenzo and Brittany Dolan, Bp. Fenwick; Cat McManus, Katie Powers, Monica Presumey, and Allanah Vargus, Cd. Spellman; Kelly Egan, Mary Hazen, Serene King, Hillary McAllister, Micaela Connor, Maura Oriordan, and Megan McPherson, Marian; Nicole Hanlon, St. Marys.
- Catholic Conference: Lauren Varela, Larkin Beecher, Elizabeth Arens, Ellen Callahan, Kaleigh Erickson, Elizabeth McManus, Angela Skeiber, Sophia Wojtasinski, Kelsey Whitaker, Kara Dunford, Kerri-Ann Hanley, Notre Dame Academy; Brittany Potter, Amy Connolly, Fontbonne; Maggie DeMoura, Mt. Alvernia; Victoria Sullivan, Kara Mcloughlin, Nicole Coolbirth, Lian Devereux, Jill Lawler, Ursuline; Anyah Hernandez, Mt. Saint Josephs.
- Dual County: Ivy Watts and Erika Shay, Waltham; Meisha Brooks, Emma Rice, Tamika Reid, Alexandra Williams, Olivia Grant, and Kathleen Mello, Boston Latin; Brittany Goodman and McKayla Lopez, Tyngsboro; Lexi Brearly, Ailish Hanly, Emily Racelowski, Ally Boyle, and Cassandra Ryding, Westford; Rebecca Robinson, Arlington; Sarah Gault, Bedford; Alley Wheaton, Erica Gottlieb, Anna Duffey, Cara Guardino, and Julia Kee, Weston; Caroline Kimball-Katz, Blair Robinson, Theresa Fritz-Endres, Ginny Keesler, Kathleen Dreher and Samantha Dweck, Concord-Carlisle; Ezra Banks, Andrea Braver, Dani Pensack, Katie Sandson, Nalis Mbianda, Bridget Dahlberg, Juliet Ryan-Davis, Melanie Fineman, Kathy OKeefe, Kelsey Karys, Cora Visnick, Kayla Jackson, Emily Heeren, and Madeline Reed, Newton South; Kristen Reichlen, Katherine Poulin, Michelle McGahan, Kial Church, Kristen Carlson, and Val Sans, Acton-Boxboro; Leah Jacques, Tory Jones, Marta Lefevre-Levy, and Kathryn Washek, Wayland; Maggie Flemming, Lauren Ready, Jen Gossels, Rachel Potter, Ellie Hylton, Andrea Keklak, and Tori Kohler, Lincoln-Sudbury.
- Eastern Athletic: Alyssa Perreault, Elaine Martin, Jennifer Thomas, Viviana Hanley, Anisa Arsenault, Katherine Barrett, Erin Murphy, Trenna Schmidt, Elizabeth Akinyemi, and Melissa Ellis, Bp. Feehan; Katie Darmody, Sara Murphy, Jennifer Collins, and Mackenzie Roderick, Bp. Stang; Brenna Gonsalves, Caitlyn Fahey, Amanda Dilley, Joan Keyes, Christine Talbot, and Allison Pavao, Coyle Cassidy; Bethany Barrar and Holly Goulet, Somerset.
- Greater Boston: Iaritza Mengivar, Rose Mathieu, Sahsa Garzcynski, Nicole Genard, Alyssa Murphy, Jessica Masse, Shanice Reddick, Justine Homsi, and Roxanna Flores, Somerville; Mikaela Boyne, Charmine Bien-Aime, Sharnie Rocheflamme, Jasmine Bien-Aime, Georgia Pingue, and India Brown, Cambridge; Jaclyn Buonopane, Everett; Thanh Nguyen and Kethia Mathieu, Malden.
- Hockomock: Chidimma Nwankwo, Canton; Shannon Cunningham, Foxboro; Mary Cole and Kendal Knous, Franklin; Meghan Ferreira, Emily Broyles, Kathryn Jenkins, Michelle Jenssen, Alex Krysko, Kelly McCabe, Kristen McDonagh, and Erika Unger, Mansfield; Robin Armstrong, Amanda Cangiando, Julianne Cappadona, Christy Deininger, Lauren Goldberg, and Carolyn Udall, N. Attleboro; Jenna Davidner, Bethany Frazier, Emily Grotz, Alison Hickey, Sarah Loftus, Alexa Murray, and Lauren Weeks, Oliver Ames; Ali Kirsch, Sharon.
- Mayflower: Emma Lee Iversen, Shivonne Schofield, Kim Carlomagno, Megan Dreyer, and Kia Minor; Natalie Rivera and Rashida Jackson, Southeastern; Krista Ledin and Jess Hurst, W. Bridgewater; Kat Ketter, Kirsten Lawlor, Emily Bracken, Kelsey Horan, and Haley Reddington, Sacred Heart; Brianna Askew, Blue Hills.
- Northeastern Large: Janelle Lewis, Helen Amore, Wendi Marciano, Mille Chapman, Kattie Tibbet, Katie Mahoney, and Katie Vonzweck, Beverly; Francis Matiew, Lynn Classical; Leah Hall and Bianca Flower, Lynn English; Andrea Saccardo, Pinky Ratajanit, Jena Pickard, Mackenzie Carpenter, and Kristina Richard, Peabody; Jasmine Bryant, Salem.
- Northeastern Small: Maria Pantazelos, Christina Kaczynski, Amanda Calderone, Megan Taylor, and Taryn Pydynkowski, Danvers; Alicia Unis, Olivia Brown, Clare Pleuler, Britta Akerly, and Isabel Pett, Gloucester; Sarah Bitterman, Olivia Pennock, and Madeline Piela, Marblehead; Laura Atkins, Saugus; Kelly Walton, Linda Walsh, and Amelia Walsh, Swampscott; Jenny Fucillo, Winthrop.
- Old Colony: Terreyana Belin, Teresa Pelletier, Alma Conway, Meghan Hathaway, Meghan Cutler, Kelci Keene, Dara Edge, Janelle Johnston, Emilie Ouellette, Sarah Jennings, and Marie Gulino, Attleboro; Meredith Burbank, Barnstable; Jaimie Correia, Reilly Lindsey, Melanie Frazier, Jacqui Perkins, Elisabeth Bodensieck, Kim Gabriele, Molly Pomroy, Samantha Bissonette, Jessica Sullivan, Kassandra Aveni, Katie Ayers, and Melissa Laubi, Bridgewater-Raynham; Kathryn Hiller, Devyn Pryor, and Keanna Santos, Dartmouth; Jesslin Myers, Taunton.
- Tri-Valley: Cecily Boyce, Molly Morningstar, Caitlin Dourney, Molly Kessler, Kellie Lodge, Micah Ulrich, Kim Bolick, Jen Lynds, Katie Sousa, Alyssa DiPietro, and Sheena DuPuy, Hopkinton; Kallie Nixon, Allie Hunter, Alex Stanton, and Caitlin Barrett, Medfield; Tayla Allen, Nicole Campion, Laura Teehan, Kathryn Martin, and Nicky Pettit, Westwood; Caroline Allen, Courtney Williams, and Kelly Allen, Norton; Alana Kelly, Bellingham; Marissa Bynoe, Rosie Keough, Emaline Berg, and Stephanie Brockert, Holliston; Kate Dryer and Sam Otten, Ashland; Jessica Lee and Molly Breen, Millis; Jackie Carroll, D-S; Stephanie Danehy, Medway.
HOW WE PICKED THE TEAM
The All-Scholastic girls track team was selected by the school sports staff. Selection is limited to MIAA schools that compete in EMass leagues. Text by Shawn Medeiros. GLOBE STAFF PHOTOS/JOHN IOVEN