There were 122 games across the state today. Click here to check out 122 final scores.
One mea culpa: Some might have noticed we had the Fitchburg-Leominster final score reversed for a short time earlier in the day. Then I noticed this photo from our friends at the Worcester Telegram & Gazette:
Being my old stomping grounds, I found it odd that Leomisnter coach John Dubzinksi would be quite so excited after losing one of the biggest rivalry games in the state. But the Crocker Field scoreboard tells the whole story.
We hear there are two consolations for the Red Raiders, who entered the week as the top-ranked team in Central Mass: 1. They're still heading to the postseason and 2. Coach Ray Conseza's dad reportedly won the 50/50 halftime raffle. Hey, you take your victories where you can.
We'll have more on the Fitchburg-Leominster game as part of our Thanksgiving Day coverage. Our game stories will be online in a bit.
For now, check out our photo galleries from the previous post, including new photos from the Georgetown-Manchester game, and a hodgepodge of Central Mass. photos.
Several reporters and editors contribute updates, news and analysis to the High School Sports Blog.
- Bob Holmes: A Reading resident (Go Rockets!) and Boston College graduate, Holmes is the Boston Globe High School Sports Editor. We remind you now that his weekly picks are often made in jest so everyone just calm down when he picks against Everett for 11 straight weeks. Contact him at firstname.lastname@example.org. Follow him on Twitter @GlobeHolmes.
- Craig Larson: A native of West Springfield (Leo Durocher anyone? Tim Daggett?) and Curry College graduate (a proud Colonel!), Larson is the sports editor for the Globe's regional sections: South, West and North, as well as a frequent contributor on the college beat. Abington to Xaverian: it all starts with the schools. Have a compelling story idea? Contact him at email@example.com. Follow him on Twitter @GlobeLars.
- Zuri Berry: Berry attended the same high school as sports legends O.J. Simpson and Joe DiMaggio. (Guess which one is his hero.) He's a South Boston resident (formerly of Eastie) and the editor of the High School Sports blog as well as the go-to-guy for everything high school sports on Boston.com. Contact him at firstname.lastname@example.org and follow him on Twitter @GlobeSchools for all of the latest updates.
Then there are our fall correspondents:
- Anthony Gulizia | @gulizia_a | Div. 1 football
- Eric Russo | @erusso22 | Div. 2 football
- Stephen Sellner | @stephen_sellner | Div. 3 football
- Andrew MacDougall | @Andy_MacDougall | Div. 4 football
- Greg Joyce | @GJoyce9 | Div. 5 football
- Lorenzo Recupero | @LorenzoRecupero | Div. 6 football
- Liz Torres | @etorres446 | Girls volleyball
To reach the high school sports department, e-mail email@example.com.