First-round playoff matchups will occur on Tuesday, Nov. 27 at sites and times to be determined. Winners advance to the Super Bowls scheduled for Saturday, Dec. 1 at Gillette Stadium in Foxboro.
BC High vs. Everett
Brockton vs. Dartmouth
Turkey day tidbit: Everett slammed Cambridge, 42-6, to wrap up the Greater Boston League title.
Chelmsford vs. Wayland
Weymouth vs. Marshfield
Turkey day tidbit: Wayland finished in a three-way tie atop the Dual County League with Lincoln-Sudbury and Acton-Boxboro, but gets the chance to defend its Super Bowl crown by winning the league's three-way tie-breaker based on first-half point differential against league opponents... Thanks to Plymouth South's 17-7 upset of Plymouth North, Marshfield and Dennis-Yarmouth finished tied atop the Atlantic Coast League and the Rams advance back to the postseason on the strength of a head-to-head win in Week 10.
Melrose vs. Walpole
Bishop Feehan vs. Mansfield
Turkey day tidbit: Melrose ended a decade-plus hex against Wakefield by gutting out a 15-14 triumph that allowed them to, at worst, share the Middlesex League crown with Woburn, and advance on the strength of the Raiders' head-to-head triumph this season.
Masconomet vs. Gloucester
Seekonk vs. Hingham
Turkey day tidbit: Masconomet emphatically stamped its postseason pass by topping North Andover, 42-14.
Arlington Catholic vs. Swampscott
Abington vs. Medfield
Turkey day tidbit: Medfield got a little help from rival Westwood, which toppled Holliston, 28-14. With a 21-0 triumph over Dover-Sherborn, the Warriors claimed the league title outright and advance back to the postseason.
Greater Lawrence vs. Amesbury
East Boston vs. Blue Hills
Turkey day tidbit: Amesbury prevailed in the winner-take-all battle against Newburyport, 17-12, and captured both the Cape Ann Small title and postseason ticket... Blue Hills avoided any suspense with a 30-0 triumph over Bristol-Plymouth to win the Mayflower Large title outright and move on to the second season.
Brighton vs. Manchester Essex
West Bridgewater vs. Pope John
Turkey day tidbit: Manchester Essex topped Georgetown, 27-7, to earn a share of the Commonwealth Small title and advances to the postseason based on the head-to-head triumph... West Bridgewater defeated Holbrook, 26-14, to wear the Mayflower Small crown and advance back to the playoffs.
Several reporters and editors contribute updates, news and analysis to the High School Sports Blog.
- Bob Holmes: A Reading resident (Go Rockets!) and Boston College graduate, Holmes is the Boston Globe High School Sports Editor. We remind you now that his weekly picks are often made in jest so everyone just calm down when he picks against Everett for 11 straight weeks. Contact him at firstname.lastname@example.org. Follow him on Twitter @GlobeHolmes.
- Craig Larson: A native of West Springfield (Leo Durocher anyone? Tim Daggett?) and Curry College graduate (a proud Colonel!), Larson is the sports editor for the Globe's regional sections: South, West and North, as well as a frequent contributor on the college beat. Abington to Xaverian: it all starts with the schools. Have a compelling story idea? Contact him at email@example.com. Follow him on Twitter @GlobeLars.
- Zuri Berry: Berry attended the same high school as sports legends O.J. Simpson and Joe DiMaggio. (Guess which one is his hero.) He's a South Boston resident (formerly of Eastie) and the editor of the High School Sports blog as well as the go-to-guy for everything high school sports on Boston.com. Contact him at firstname.lastname@example.org and follow him on Twitter @GlobeSchools for all of the latest updates.
Then there are our fall correspondents:
- Anthony Gulizia | @gulizia_a | Div. 1 football
- Eric Russo | @erusso22 | Div. 2 football
- Stephen Sellner | @stephen_sellner | Div. 3 football
- Andrew MacDougall | @Andy_MacDougall | Div. 4 football
- Greg Joyce | @GJoyce9 | Div. 5 football
- Lorenzo Recupero | @LorenzoRecupero | Div. 6 football
- Liz Torres | @etorres446 | Girls volleyball
To reach the high school sports department, e-mail email@example.com.