Waltham and Westford are still scoreless after two periods.
This one feels a lot like Austin Prep vs. Woburn last year. Two goaltenders putting on a show. Are we destined for a scoreless stalemate (Austin Prep prevailed in a shootout during last year's play-in game)?
Waltham netminder Steve Hopkins and Westford Academy goalie Curt Serafini continue to be the story here. Both have made some tremendous stops over the first 30 minutes.
Waltham enjoyed an abbreviated 5-on-3 power play midway through the second stanza, but couldn't dent the scoreboard. Westford, which had one failed opportunity with a man advantage, will carry another power play into the third frame.
Westford dominated much of the early going in the third period and outshot Waltham, 14-4. For the game, the Grey Ghosts boast a 20-14 advantage overall.
Several reporters and editors contribute updates, news and analysis to the High School Sports Blog.
- Bob Holmes: A Reading resident (Go Rockets!) and Boston College graduate, Holmes is the Boston Globe High School Sports Editor. We remind you now that his weekly picks are often made in jest so everyone just calm down when he picks against Everett for 11 straight weeks. Contact him at firstname.lastname@example.org. Follow him on Twitter @GlobeHolmes.
- Craig Larson: A native of West Springfield (Leo Durocher anyone? Tim Daggett?) and Curry College graduate (a proud Colonel!), Larson is the sports editor for the Globe's regional sections: South, West and North, as well as a frequent contributor on the college beat. Abington to Xaverian: it all starts with the schools. Have a compelling story idea? Contact him at email@example.com. Follow him on Twitter @GlobeLars.
- Zuri Berry: Berry attended the same high school as sports legends O.J. Simpson and Joe DiMaggio. (Guess which one is his hero.) He's a South Boston resident (formerly of Eastie) and the editor of the High School Sports blog as well as the go-to-guy for everything high school sports on Boston.com. Contact him at firstname.lastname@example.org and follow him on Twitter @GlobeSchools for all of the latest updates.
Then there are our winter correspondents:
- Emily McCarthy | @EmilyMcCahthy | BPS correspondent
- Jake Fischer | @GlobeFischer | Boys basketball
- Michelle Fenelon | @michfenelon | Girls basketball
- Andrew MacDougall | @Andy_MacDougall | Boys hockey
- Liz Torres | @etorres446 | Girls hockey
To reach the high school sports department, e-mail email@example.com.