We've never heard of the lines at the DCU Center box office being excruciatingly long on the day of the boys' and girls' state basketball finals, but if you're not one for waiting, you can order your tickets to Saturday's games online through Ticketmaster right now.
You just might want to check that limit on your credit card.
A typical $12 general admission ticket will cost you $18.65 online. See, there's the $12 ticket, the $6.15 convenience charge, and a $.50 building facility charge. A $7 student ticket will cost you $12.75 online after charges.
Oh, and you'll have to pay $2.50 for the TicketFast option to have your tickets emailed to you. Otherwise, you'll have to pick them up at Will Call, and probably stand in the same line that you'd otherwise pay just $7.50 or $12.50 to buy a ticket the day of the game.
Gotta love TicketMaster.
Several reporters and editors contribute updates, news and analysis to the High School Sports Blog.
- Bob Holmes: A Reading resident (Go Rockets!) and Boston College graduate, Holmes is the Boston Globe High School Sports Editor. We remind you now that his weekly picks are often made in jest so everyone just calm down when he picks against Everett for 11 straight weeks. Contact him at firstname.lastname@example.org. Follow him on Twitter @GlobeHolmes.
- Craig Larson: A native of West Springfield (Leo Durocher anyone? Tim Daggett?) and Curry College graduate (a proud Colonel!), Larson is the sports editor for the Globe's regional sections: South, West and North, as well as a frequent contributor on the college beat. Abington to Xaverian: it all starts with the schools. Have a compelling story idea? Contact him at email@example.com. Follow him on Twitter @GlobeLars.
- Zuri Berry: Berry attended the same high school as sports legends O.J. Simpson and Joe DiMaggio. (Guess which one is his hero.) He's a South Boston resident (formerly of Eastie) and the editor of the High School Sports blog as well as the go-to-guy for everything high school sports on Boston.com. Contact him at firstname.lastname@example.org and follow him on Twitter @GlobeSchools for all of the latest updates.
Then there are our winter correspondents:
- Emily McCarthy | @EmilyMcCahthy | BPS correspondent
- Jake Fischer | @GlobeFischer | Boys basketball
- Michelle Fenelon | @michfenelon | Girls basketball
- Andrew MacDougall | @Andy_MacDougall | Boys hockey
- Liz Torres | @etorres446 | Girls hockey
To reach the high school sports department, e-mail email@example.com.