A couple quick notes from Thursday's girls' lacrosse action, where both defending state champions were in action.
Framingham 14, Newton North 3: The Flyers served notice that they are still the team to beat in Division 1 by walloping a talented Newton North squad, 14-3, in a Bay State Conference battle at Cold Spring Field in Newton. Sophomore Moira Barry registered four goals, while senior captain Melanie Baskind added two goals and two assists.
Duxbury 8, Norwell 7: After battling double-teams all game, Duxbury
senior captain Erin Levesque broke free and scored the winning goal with
just 17 seconds left. Duxbury needed two goals in the last two minutes to
get the win. Two more seniors -- Trish Babson and Jill Caramello -- scored two
goals apiece for the Green Dragons. Duxbury had opened its season with a 19-6 loss to highly touted Westwood.
Visit our daily scoreboard to check out more scores from last night. Don't see a score for your favorite team? Click on the team name to visit their schedule page and submit the result to us.
One last note: We're scheduled to be live from Sudbury this afternoon (weather permitting), where the Lincoln-Sudbury girls' lacrosse team hosts Framingham at 4 p.m. We'll have updates and video highlights. (Note: This game has been postponed)
Several reporters and editors contribute updates, news and analysis to the High School Sports Blog.
- Bob Holmes: A Reading resident (Go Rockets!) and Boston College graduate, Holmes is the Boston Globe High School Sports Editor. We remind you now that his weekly picks are often made in jest so everyone just calm down when he picks against Everett for 11 straight weeks. Contact him at firstname.lastname@example.org. Follow him on Twitter @GlobeHolmes.
- Craig Larson: A native of West Springfield (Leo Durocher anyone? Tim Daggett?) and Curry College graduate (a proud Colonel!), Larson is the sports editor for the Globe's regional sections: South, West and North, as well as a frequent contributor on the college beat. Abington to Xaverian: it all starts with the schools. Have a compelling story idea? Contact him at email@example.com. Follow him on Twitter @GlobeLars.
- Zuri Berry: Berry attended the same high school as sports legends O.J. Simpson and Joe DiMaggio. (Guess which one is his hero.) He's a South Boston resident (formerly of Eastie) and the editor of the High School Sports blog as well as the go-to-guy for everything high school sports on Boston.com. Contact him at firstname.lastname@example.org and follow him on Twitter @GlobeSchools for all of the latest updates.
Then there are our fall correspondents:
- Anthony Gulizia | @gulizia_a | Div. 1 football
- Eric Russo | @erusso22 | Div. 2 football
- Stephen Sellner | @stephen_sellner | Div. 3 football
- Andrew MacDougall | @Andy_MacDougall | Div. 4 football
- Greg Joyce | @GJoyce9 | Div. 5 football
- Lorenzo Recupero | @LorenzoRecupero | Div. 6 football
- Liz Torres | @etorres446 | Girls volleyball
To reach the high school sports department, e-mail email@example.com.