BC High only scores two second-half goals, but buoyed by its defense, the hosts emerge with an 11-8 triumph over previously undefeated Billerica at James Cotter Field.
More to come, including video highlights.
BC High, 10-5 (end of 3rd)
Billerica trims its deficit slightly, but big stops by David Barton keep the Eagles out front comfortably with a 10-5 lead after three quarters.
BC High leads Billerica, 9-3, at the intermission. Great defensive effort so far for the Eagles.
BC High scored five of the game's first six goals and absolutely ate up the ground balls in the first quarter to build this comfortable advantage at the break.
With the rout on from this morning's baseball game, we're headed over to BC High for the Eagles' boys' lacrosse game against undefeated Billerica. We'll post video highlights from both the Tewksbury-Andover baseball game and the BC High-Billerica lacrosse game later on ...
Several reporters and editors contribute updates, news and analysis to the High School Sports Blog.
- Bob Holmes: A Reading resident (Go Rockets!) and Boston College graduate, Holmes is the Boston Globe High School Sports Editor. We remind you now that his weekly picks are often made in jest so everyone just calm down when he picks against Everett for 11 straight weeks. Contact him at email@example.com. Follow him on Twitter @GlobeHolmes.
- Craig Larson: A native of West Springfield (Leo Durocher anyone? Tim Daggett?) and Curry College graduate (a proud Colonel!), Larson is the sports editor for the Globe's regional sections: South, West and North, as well as a frequent contributor on the college beat. Abington to Xaverian: it all starts with the schools. Have a compelling story idea? Contact him at firstname.lastname@example.org. Follow him on Twitter @GlobeLars.
- Zuri Berry: Berry attended the same high school as sports legends O.J. Simpson and Joe DiMaggio. (Guess which one is his hero.) He's a South Boston resident (formerly of Eastie) and the editor of the High School Sports blog as well as the go-to-guy for everything high school sports on Boston.com. Contact him at email@example.com and follow him on Twitter @GlobeSchools for all of the latest updates.
Then there are our fall correspondents:
- Anthony Gulizia | @gulizia_a | Div. 1 football
- Eric Russo | @erusso22 | Div. 2 football
- Stephen Sellner | @stephen_sellner | Div. 3 football
- Andrew MacDougall | @Andy_MacDougall | Div. 4 football
- Greg Joyce | @GJoyce9 | Div. 5 football
- Lorenzo Recupero | @LorenzoRecupero | Div. 6 football
- Liz Torres | @etorres446 | Girls volleyball
To reach the high school sports department, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.