As a few commenters pointed out, we should have waited until Friday to post our final boys' lacrosse top 20 of the regular season as some of our top squads are in need of a shuffling already.
You can find all the details in today's school roundup, but No. 3 St. John's Prep edged No. 2 Medfield in overtime, while No. 7 Billerica topped No. 5 Xaverian, 13-9. Elsewhere, Winchester upset No. 11 North Andover; Lincoln-Sudbury shocked No. 6 Andover; and Acton-Boxboro took down No. 10 Lowell.
Shouldn't figuring out the top 20 be easier at this point? Just confirms that it's going to be an absolutely wild postseason. We cannot wait to get a glimpse of the boys' lacrosse tournament brackets tomorrow.
One other note from Wednesday's action, Marshfield coach Rick Peterson reports that senior Chris Walker broke Sean Morris's single-season scoring mark as he now boasts 110 points after a 21-3 triumph over Whitman-Hanson.
The Rams, who endured some midseason injuries, have won six in a row and captured the Atlantic Coast League title. Lining itself up for a lofty seed, Marshfield is yet another team to keep an eye on in the postseason.
Several reporters and editors contribute updates, news and analysis to the High School Sports Blog.
- Bob Holmes: A Reading resident (Go Rockets!) and Boston College graduate, Holmes is the Boston Globe High School Sports Editor. We remind you now that his weekly picks are often made in jest so everyone just calm down when he picks against Everett for 11 straight weeks. Contact him at firstname.lastname@example.org. Follow him on Twitter @GlobeHolmes.
- Craig Larson: A native of West Springfield (Leo Durocher anyone? Tim Daggett?) and Curry College graduate (a proud Colonel!), Larson is the sports editor for the Globe's regional sections: South, West and North, as well as a frequent contributor on the college beat. Abington to Xaverian: it all starts with the schools. Have a compelling story idea? Contact him at email@example.com. Follow him on Twitter @GlobeLars.
- Zuri Berry: Berry attended the same high school as sports legends O.J. Simpson and Joe DiMaggio. (Guess which one is his hero.) He's a South Boston resident (formerly of Eastie) and the editor of the High School Sports blog as well as the go-to-guy for everything high school sports on Boston.com. Contact him at firstname.lastname@example.org and follow him on Twitter @GlobeSchools for all of the latest updates.
Then there are our winter correspondents:
- Emily McCarthy | @EmilyMcCahthy | BPS correspondent
- Jake Fischer | @GlobeFischer | Boys basketball
- Michelle Fenelon | @michfenelon | Girls basketball
- Andrew MacDougall | @Andy_MacDougall | Boys hockey
- Liz Torres | @etorres446 | Girls hockey
To reach the high school sports department, e-mail email@example.com.