All this week we're bringing you video highlights from the Globe's 2008 All-Scholastic Award banquet that was held Sunday afternoon at the Quincy Marriott. The event featured New England Patriots tight end Ben Watson as the keynote speaker, while former Athletes of the Year Brian Morrissey of Winchester and Meredith Frank of Westwood were the student speakers.
Check out the video below to see Frank's speech.
We'll have much more video throughout the week. Here's the tentative plan:
- Monday: Ben Watson's speech
- Tuesday: Brian Morrissey's speech
- Wednesday: Meredith Frank's speech
- Thursday: Athlete of the Year presentations
- Friday: More highlights from this year's banquet
For those of you who attended the event, we hope you had as much fun as we did. We'll also try to post the season highlight video that ran on the big screens at the start of Sunday's program.
Several reporters and editors contribute updates, news and analysis to the High School Sports Blog.
- Bob Holmes: A Reading resident (Go Rockets!) and Boston College graduate, Holmes is the Boston Globe High School Sports Editor. We remind you now that his weekly picks are often made in jest so everyone just calm down when he picks against Everett for 11 straight weeks. Contact him at email@example.com. Follow him on Twitter @GlobeHolmes.
- Craig Larson: A native of West Springfield (Leo Durocher anyone? Tim Daggett?) and Curry College graduate (a proud Colonel!), Larson is the sports editor for the Globe's regional sections: South, West and North, as well as a frequent contributor on the college beat. Abington to Xaverian: it all starts with the schools. Have a compelling story idea? Contact him at firstname.lastname@example.org. Follow him on Twitter @GlobeLars.
- Zuri Berry: Berry attended the same high school as sports legends O.J. Simpson and Joe DiMaggio. (Guess which one is his hero.) He's a South Boston resident (formerly of Eastie) and the editor of the High School Sports blog as well as the go-to-guy for everything high school sports on Boston.com. Contact him at email@example.com and follow him on Twitter @GlobeSchools for all of the latest updates.
Then there are our fall correspondents:
- Anthony Gulizia | @gulizia_a | Div. 1 football
- Eric Russo | @erusso22 | Div. 2 football
- Stephen Sellner | @stephen_sellner | Div. 3 football
- Andrew MacDougall | @Andy_MacDougall | Div. 4 football
- Greg Joyce | @GJoyce9 | Div. 5 football
- Lorenzo Recupero | @LorenzoRecupero | Div. 6 football
- Liz Torres | @etorres446 | Girls volleyball
To reach the high school sports department, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.