Everett's Jim Noel makes an interception on a pass intended for Dartmouth's Arthur Fontaine. (Stan Grossfeld / Globe Staff)
Division 1 Super Bowl combatants Everett and Dartmouth were ranked in the PrepNation.com preseason Top 25 football poll for the northeast region.
Everett, which topped Dartmouth 36-28 in overtime in December's title game, checks in at No. 8, while Dartmouth spots at No. 12. Western Mass. power Longmeadow joins the fray at No. 24. Here's the complete Top 25 for the northeast region:
1. Monroeville, Pa., Gateway (11-2-0)
2. Ramsey, N.J., Don Bosco Prep (12-0-0)
3. Jersey City, N.J., St. Peter's (11-1-0)
4. Wexford, Pa., North Allegheny (11-1-0)
5. Allentown, Pa., Parkland (15-1-0)
6. Langhorne, Pa., Neshaminy (11-2-0)
7. Philadelphia, Pa., Saint Josephs Prep (10-3-0)
8. Everett, Mass. (13-0-0)
9. Montvale, N.J., St. Joseph Regional (9-2-0)
10. Mastic Beach, N.Y., Floyd (11-0-0)
11. Pittsburgh, Pa., Central Catholic (16-0-0)
12. South Dartmouth, Mass., Dartmouth (11-2-0)
13. McKeesport, Pa. (10-2-0)
14. Pittsburgh, Pa., Penn Hills (6-5-0)
15. Oradell, N.J., Bergen Catholic (8-3-0)
16. Rochester, N.Y., Aquinas (13-0-0)
17. Greenwich, Conn. (11-1-0)
18. State College, Pa. (6-5-0)
19. Wayne, N.J., Wayne Hills (12-0-0)
20. Lansdale, Pa., North Penn (9-3-0)
21. New London, Conn. (11-1-0)
22. Bethlehem, Pa., Liberty (10-2-0)
23. Abescon, N.J., Holy Spirit (12-0-0)
24. Longmeadow, Mass. (13-0-0)
25. Melville, N.Y., St. Anthony's (10-1-0)
Check out all the PrepNation polls, including the nationwide Top 101, which does not feature any Bay State squads.
Several reporters and editors contribute updates, news and analysis to the High School Sports Blog.
- Bob Holmes: A Reading resident (Go Rockets!) and Boston College graduate, Holmes is the Boston Globe High School Sports Editor. We remind you now that his weekly picks are often made in jest so everyone just calm down when he picks against Everett for 11 straight weeks. Contact him at firstname.lastname@example.org. Follow him on Twitter @GlobeHolmes.
- Craig Larson: A native of West Springfield (Leo Durocher anyone? Tim Daggett?) and Curry College graduate (a proud Colonel!), Larson is the sports editor for the Globe's regional sections: South, West and North, as well as a frequent contributor on the college beat. Abington to Xaverian: it all starts with the schools. Have a compelling story idea? Contact him at email@example.com. Follow him on Twitter @GlobeLars.
- Zuri Berry: Berry attended the same high school as sports legends O.J. Simpson and Joe DiMaggio. (Guess which one is his hero.) He's a South Boston resident (formerly of Eastie) and the editor of the High School Sports blog as well as the go-to-guy for everything high school sports on Boston.com. Contact him at firstname.lastname@example.org and follow him on Twitter @GlobeSchools for all of the latest updates.
Then there are our fall correspondents:
- Anthony Gulizia | @gulizia_a | Div. 1 football
- Eric Russo | @erusso22 | Div. 2 football
- Stephen Sellner | @stephen_sellner | Div. 3 football
- Andrew MacDougall | @Andy_MacDougall | Div. 4 football
- Greg Joyce | @GJoyce9 | Div. 5 football
- Lorenzo Recupero | @LorenzoRecupero | Div. 6 football
- Liz Torres | @etorres446 | Girls volleyball
To reach the high school sports department, e-mail email@example.com.