The folks at PrepNation have released their Week 5 National Prep Poll.
While Everett continues to climb in the Northeast poll, previously ranked Dartmouth has fallen from the rankings after a less-than-convincing effort in a win over Mansfield. Here's the full Northeast top 10, with hometown, school name, and record.
1. Monroeville, Pa., Gateway, 3-0-0
2. Ramsey, N.J., Don Bosco, 0-1-0
3. Everett, 2-0-0
4. Lansdale, Pa., North Penn, 3-0-0
5. Montvale, N.J., St. Joseph’s, 1-0-0
6. Rochester, N.Y., Aquinas, 2-0-0
7. Philadelphia, O’Hara, 3-0-0
8. Somerville, N.J., Immaculata, 1-0-0
9. Bethel Park, Pa., 3-0-0
10. Harrisburg, Pa., McDevitt, 3-0-0
Interesting to note that Monroeville is ranked No. 6 in the national top 25. Could the Tide crack the national rankings later this season? We think the pollsters might have been a bit harsh on Dartmouth (though it might simply be a reflection of Harrisburg and Bethel Park jumping up with matching 3-0 records.
Several reporters and editors contribute updates, news and analysis to the High School Sports Blog.
- Bob Holmes: A Reading resident (Go Rockets!) and Boston College graduate, Holmes is the Boston Globe High School Sports Editor. We remind you now that his weekly picks are often made in jest so everyone just calm down when he picks against Everett for 11 straight weeks. Contact him at firstname.lastname@example.org. Follow him on Twitter @GlobeHolmes.
- Craig Larson: A native of West Springfield (Leo Durocher anyone? Tim Daggett?) and Curry College graduate (a proud Colonel!), Larson is the sports editor for the Globe's regional sections: South, West and North, as well as a frequent contributor on the college beat. Abington to Xaverian: it all starts with the schools. Have a compelling story idea? Contact him at email@example.com. Follow him on Twitter @GlobeLars.
- Zuri Berry: Berry attended the same high school as sports legends O.J. Simpson and Joe DiMaggio. (Guess which one is his hero.) He's a South Boston resident (formerly of Eastie) and the editor of the High School Sports blog as well as the go-to-guy for everything high school sports on Boston.com. Contact him at firstname.lastname@example.org and follow him on Twitter @GlobeSchools for all of the latest updates.
Then there are our fall correspondents:
- Anthony Gulizia | @gulizia_a | Div. 1 football
- Eric Russo | @erusso22 | Div. 2 football
- Stephen Sellner | @stephen_sellner | Div. 3 football
- Andrew MacDougall | @Andy_MacDougall | Div. 4 football
- Greg Joyce | @GJoyce9 | Div. 5 football
- Lorenzo Recupero | @LorenzoRecupero | Div. 6 football
- Liz Torres | @etorres446 | Girls volleyball
To reach the high school sports department, e-mail email@example.com.