If plunging temperatures are not enough of a sign that winter is right around the corner, here's another: The Globe's Craig Larson checks in with details on the Garrett Reagan High School Hockey Summit scheduled for Sunday., Dec. 7.
Click the "full entry" link below to see the full pairings for the event.
12:10 p.m. -- Hingham vs. BC High
1:10 p.m. -- Marshfield vs. Framinghma
2:10 p.m. -- Holliston vs. Wachusett Regional
4:30 p.m. -- Westford Academy vs. Reading
5:30 p.m. -- Waltham vs. North Quincy
6:30 p.m. -- Marlboro vs. Westwood
11:50 a.m. -- Waltham vs. Arlington Catholic (girls)
12:50 p.m. -- Algonquin vs. Lincoln-Sudbury (girls)
1:50 p.m. -- Springfield Cathedral vs Wellesley (girls)
4:20 p.m. -- East Boston vs. Dartmouth
5:20 p.m. -- Burlington vs. Braintree
6:20 p.m. -- Newton North vs. St. Peter-Marian
noon -- Arlington vs. Andover (girls)
1 p.m. -- Framingham vs. Concord-Carlisle (girls)
2 p.m. -- Notre Dame Academy vs. Wakefield (girls)
4:20 p.m. -- Plymouth North vs. Wilmington
5:20 p.m. -- Franklin vs. Arlington Catholic
6:20 p.m. -- Hudson vs. Weston
11:40 a.m. -- Duxbury vs. St. John's Prep
12:40 p.m. -- Xaverian vs. Central Catholic
1:40 p.m -- Falmouth vs. Springfield Cathedral
4:30 p.m. -- Needham vs. Malden Catholic
5:30 p.m. -- Dedham vs. Lincoln-Sudbury
6:30 p.m. -- Nashoba vs. Watertown
11:50 a.m. -- Wakefield vs. Chelmsford
12:50 p.m. -- Medford vs. Bridgewater-Raynham
1:50 p.m. -- Attleboro vs. Whitman-Hanson
4:20 p.m. -- Old Rochester vs. Medway
5:20 p.m. -- Newton South vs. Rockport
6:20 p.m. -- Arlington vs. Canton
Several reporters and editors contribute updates, news and analysis to the High School Sports Blog.
- Bob Holmes: A Reading resident (Go Rockets!) and Boston College graduate, Holmes is the Boston Globe High School Sports Editor. We remind you now that his weekly picks are often made in jest so everyone just calm down when he picks against Everett for 11 straight weeks. Contact him at firstname.lastname@example.org. Follow him on Twitter @GlobeHolmes.
- Craig Larson: A native of West Springfield (Leo Durocher anyone? Tim Daggett?) and Curry College graduate (a proud Colonel!), Larson is the sports editor for the Globe's regional sections: South, West and North, as well as a frequent contributor on the college beat. Abington to Xaverian: it all starts with the schools. Have a compelling story idea? Contact him at email@example.com. Follow him on Twitter @GlobeLars.
- Zuri Berry: Berry attended the same high school as sports legends O.J. Simpson and Joe DiMaggio. (Guess which one is his hero.) He's a South Boston resident (formerly of Eastie) and the editor of the High School Sports blog as well as the go-to-guy for everything high school sports on Boston.com. Contact him at firstname.lastname@example.org and follow him on Twitter @GlobeSchools for all of the latest updates.
Then there are our fall correspondents:
- Anthony Gulizia | @gulizia_a | Div. 1 football
- Eric Russo | @erusso22 | Div. 2 football
- Stephen Sellner | @stephen_sellner | Div. 3 football
- Andrew MacDougall | @Andy_MacDougall | Div. 4 football
- Greg Joyce | @GJoyce9 | Div. 5 football
- Lorenzo Recupero | @LorenzoRecupero | Div. 6 football
- Liz Torres | @etorres446 | Girls volleyball
To reach the high school sports department, e-mail email@example.com.