Catholic Memorial’s All-Scholastic lineman Brennan Williams is one step closer to his dream of playing professional football.
Williams has committed to the University of North Carolina where he expects to play offensive tackle. He made the commitment at the Army All-American Game earlier this month. Williams will major in computer graphics but has aspirations to follow in his father, Brent’s, footsteps and play in the NFL. Brent played for the New England Patriots for seven years.
The 6-foot-7, 275-pound lineman was an All-Scholastic at CM and paved the way for more than 2,000 yards rushing while helping the Knights come just one win short of a Catholic Conference title.
He chose UNC over Notre Dame, Boston College, and Wake Forest. ‘‘Really it was just that everything seemed right with the school and it fit.’’
With the decision made, Williams is looking forward to the fall.
‘It’s definitely a big deal. It’s very cool to be doing what I love and going to school for it.’’
Several reporters and editors contribute updates, news and analysis to the High School Sports Blog.
- Bob Holmes: A Reading resident (Go Rockets!) and Boston College graduate, Holmes is the Boston Globe High School Sports Editor. We remind you now that his weekly picks are often made in jest so everyone just calm down when he picks against Everett for 11 straight weeks. Contact him at email@example.com. Follow him on Twitter @GlobeHolmes.
- Craig Larson: A native of West Springfield (Leo Durocher anyone? Tim Daggett?) and Curry College graduate (a proud Colonel!), Larson is the sports editor for the Globe's regional sections: South, West and North, as well as a frequent contributor on the college beat. Abington to Xaverian: it all starts with the schools. Have a compelling story idea? Contact him at firstname.lastname@example.org. Follow him on Twitter @GlobeLars.
- Zuri Berry: Berry attended the same high school as sports legends O.J. Simpson and Joe DiMaggio. (Guess which one is his hero.) He's a South Boston resident (formerly of Eastie) and the editor of the High School Sports blog as well as the go-to-guy for everything high school sports on Boston.com. Contact him at email@example.com and follow him on Twitter @GlobeSchools for all of the latest updates.
Then there are our fall correspondents:
- Anthony Gulizia | @gulizia_a | Div. 1 football
- Eric Russo | @erusso22 | Div. 2 football
- Stephen Sellner | @stephen_sellner | Div. 3 football
- Andrew MacDougall | @Andy_MacDougall | Div. 4 football
- Greg Joyce | @GJoyce9 | Div. 5 football
- Lorenzo Recupero | @LorenzoRecupero | Div. 6 football
- Liz Torres | @etorres446 | Girls volleyball
To reach the high school sports department, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.