After knocking on the door of a state title for several years, Wellesley separated itself from the pack to bring home the title at the Berkshire East Ski Area in Charlemont.
Led by Tim Brick, who finished first in the slalom with a time of 33.08, the Raiders finally came out on top. Brick also finished fourth in the giant slalom (49.88), won by North Andoverís Kris Hopkins (47.91). Longmeadow finished second, 62 points behind Wellesley. St. Johnís Prep, Hingham, and BC High rounded out the top five.
In the girlsí competition, EMass dominated, bringing home the top five spots in the team competition at Berkshire East. Marblehead finished first, followed by Masconomet, Concord-Carlisle, Andover, and Acton-Boxboro. Marbleheadís Ryan Hefferin won the giant slalom in 52.79 and Walthamís Danielle Scanlon (34.44) took the slalom.
Several reporters and editors contribute updates, news and analysis to the High School Sports Blog.
- Bob Holmes: A Reading resident (Go Rockets!) and Boston College graduate, Holmes is the Boston Globe High School Sports Editor. We remind you now that his weekly picks are often made in jest so everyone just calm down when he picks against Everett for 11 straight weeks. Contact him at email@example.com. Follow him on Twitter @GlobeHolmes.
- Craig Larson: A native of West Springfield (Leo Durocher anyone? Tim Daggett?) and Curry College graduate (a proud Colonel!), Larson is the sports editor for the Globe's regional sections: South, West and North, as well as a frequent contributor on the college beat. Abington to Xaverian: it all starts with the schools. Have a compelling story idea? Contact him at firstname.lastname@example.org. Follow him on Twitter @GlobeLars.
- Zuri Berry: Berry attended the same high school as sports legends O.J. Simpson and Joe DiMaggio. (Guess which one is his hero.) He's a South Boston resident (formerly of Eastie) and the editor of the High School Sports blog as well as the go-to-guy for everything high school sports on Boston.com. Contact him at email@example.com and follow him on Twitter @GlobeSchools for all of the latest updates.
Then there are our winter correspondents:
- Emily McCarthy | @EmilyMcCahthy | BPS correspondent
- Jake Fischer | @GlobeFischer | Boys basketball
- Michelle Fenelon | @michfenelon | Girls basketball
- Andrew MacDougall | @Andy_MacDougall | Boys hockey
- Liz Torres | @etorres446 | Girls hockey
To reach the high school sports department, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.