Did you know that you can use Twitter to stay up to date with the latest sports news from the Globe? Get the latest headlines, direct commentary from the Globe sports team, and more.
Start following us on Twitter today for your chance to win two tickets to see the Celtics tangle with the New Jersey Nets on April 8 at the TD Banknorth Garden.
Here’s how to enter:
- Start following our @GlobeSchools Twitter account.
- One day next week we will Tweet a special announcement declaring that the contest is open.
- To enter, simply ReTweet (RT) our special announcement post.
- You can enter one time for each Globe sports twitter account you follow, including GlobeAllSports, GlobeSox, GlobePatriots, GlobeCeltics, GlobeBruins, GlobeSchools, GlobeMazz, GlobeChadFinn, BostonDirtDogs, and Globe 10.0.
- We will choose a random winner from all eligible entries received.
Now the legal mumbo-jumbo: The grand prize winner will be selected at random from all entries Re-Tweeted on or before March 27, 2009. No purchase necessary. Winner will be notified via direct message on their Twitter account within three days after the winner is chosen. Employees of the participating partners and the New York Times Co., and their affiliates are not eligible to participate.
Several reporters and editors contribute updates, news and analysis to the High School Sports Blog.
- Bob Holmes: A Reading resident (Go Rockets!) and Boston College graduate, Holmes is the Boston Globe High School Sports Editor. We remind you now that his weekly picks are often made in jest so everyone just calm down when he picks against Everett for 11 straight weeks. Contact him at email@example.com. Follow him on Twitter @GlobeHolmes.
- Craig Larson: A native of West Springfield (Leo Durocher anyone? Tim Daggett?) and Curry College graduate (a proud Colonel!), Larson is the sports editor for the Globe's regional sections: South, West and North, as well as a frequent contributor on the college beat. Abington to Xaverian: it all starts with the schools. Have a compelling story idea? Contact him at firstname.lastname@example.org. Follow him on Twitter @GlobeLars.
- Zuri Berry: Berry attended the same high school as sports legends O.J. Simpson and Joe DiMaggio. (Guess which one is his hero.) He's a South Boston resident (formerly of Eastie) and the editor of the High School Sports blog as well as the go-to-guy for everything high school sports on Boston.com. Contact him at email@example.com and follow him on Twitter @GlobeSchools for all of the latest updates.
Then there are our fall correspondents:
- Anthony Gulizia | @gulizia_a | Div. 1 football
- Eric Russo | @erusso22 | Div. 2 football
- Stephen Sellner | @stephen_sellner | Div. 3 football
- Andrew MacDougall | @Andy_MacDougall | Div. 4 football
- Greg Joyce | @GJoyce9 | Div. 5 football
- Lorenzo Recupero | @LorenzoRecupero | Div. 6 football
- Liz Torres | @etorres446 | Girls volleyball
To reach the high school sports department, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.