Who says high school sports are done for the summer?
The Sunday Globe is filled with high school coverage, including our 2009 Spring All-Scholastics and the first of a seven-part series by staff writer Bob Hohler chronicling the trials and tribulations of athletics in Boston's public school system.
We've got a bunch of extra content online for both series. Check out our Spring All-Scholastics, which features behind-the-scenes video from our Scholar-Athletes shoot, along with a feature we dubbed Academics or Athletics with those same award-winning standouts.
Check out Part 1 of our Failing our Athletes series and stick with us all week for much more. You'll find online extras, which include a video interview with Boston schools Athletic Director Ken Still and an interactive map of sports programs offered at city schools.
Over the weekend, we also unveiled the final Top 20s of the spring season and recapped Friday's Shriners Classic at Bentley College. Hop over to High School Sports Central for all the details.
Several reporters and editors contribute updates, news and analysis to the High School Sports Blog.
- Bob Holmes: A Reading resident (Go Rockets!) and Boston College graduate, Holmes is the Boston Globe High School Sports Editor. We remind you now that his weekly picks are often made in jest so everyone just calm down when he picks against Everett for 11 straight weeks. Contact him at email@example.com. Follow him on Twitter @GlobeHolmes.
- Craig Larson: A native of West Springfield (Leo Durocher anyone? Tim Daggett?) and Curry College graduate (a proud Colonel!), Larson is the sports editor for the Globe's regional sections: South, West and North, as well as a frequent contributor on the college beat. Abington to Xaverian: it all starts with the schools. Have a compelling story idea? Contact him at firstname.lastname@example.org. Follow him on Twitter @GlobeLars.
- Zuri Berry: Berry attended the same high school as sports legends O.J. Simpson and Joe DiMaggio. (Guess which one is his hero.) He's a South Boston resident (formerly of Eastie) and the editor of the High School Sports blog as well as the go-to-guy for everything high school sports on Boston.com. Contact him at email@example.com and follow him on Twitter @GlobeSchools for all of the latest updates.
Then there are our winter correspondents:
- Emily McCarthy | @EmilyMcCahthy | BPS correspondent
- Jake Fischer | @GlobeFischer | Boys basketball
- Michelle Fenelon | @michfenelon | Girls basketball
- Andrew MacDougall | @Andy_MacDougall | Boys hockey
- Liz Torres | @etorres446 | Girls hockey
To reach the high school sports department, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.