Rams, Boxers, Fishermen, and Bulldogs. Halloween costumes? No. Great high school football matchups? You bet. Here are the key matchups as we get ready to turn the calendar to November.
Brockton 13, Leominster 9 Final: No. 2 ranked Boxers held off surprising Leominster. Brockton scored all its points in the third quarter.
Natick 35, Needham 0 Final: Scott McCummings has given the Red and Blue a 7-0 lead after one quarter on a 4-yard run. CJ Dawson scored in second quarter and Natick has a two-touchdown lead at the half. The margin was 28-0 after three.
Gloucester 45, Lynn English 7 Final: Conor Ressel and Jordan Shairs each have two touchdowns and the Fisherman dominated this NEC showdown. Ressel broke the school's single-game rushing record with 257 yards.
Mansfield 14, KP 7: Jeff Hill hauled in a 37-yard TD pass and Mansfield lead after one. In the second, Brandon Howard scored on a short run for KP and Shawn Doherty scored for Mansfield.
Marshfield 10, Falmouth 0: After a scoreless first quarter, Marshfield got a touchdown and field goal (from Sean Griffin) to take a 10-0 halftime lead.
Several reporters and editors contribute updates, news and analysis to the High School Sports Blog.
- Bob Holmes: A Reading resident (Go Rockets!) and Boston College graduate, Holmes is the Boston Globe High School Sports Editor. We remind you now that his weekly picks are often made in jest so everyone just calm down when he picks against Everett for 11 straight weeks. Contact him at firstname.lastname@example.org. Follow him on Twitter @GlobeHolmes.
- Craig Larson: A native of West Springfield (Leo Durocher anyone? Tim Daggett?) and Curry College graduate (a proud Colonel!), Larson is the sports editor for the Globe's regional sections: South, West and North, as well as a frequent contributor on the college beat. Abington to Xaverian: it all starts with the schools. Have a compelling story idea? Contact him at email@example.com. Follow him on Twitter @GlobeLars.
- Zuri Berry: Berry attended the same high school as sports legends O.J. Simpson and Joe DiMaggio. (Guess which one is his hero.) He's a South Boston resident (formerly of Eastie) and the editor of the High School Sports blog as well as the go-to-guy for everything high school sports on Boston.com. Contact him at firstname.lastname@example.org and follow him on Twitter @GlobeSchools for all of the latest updates.
Then there are our fall correspondents:
- Anthony Gulizia | @gulizia_a | Div. 1 football
- Eric Russo | @erusso22 | Div. 2 football
- Stephen Sellner | @stephen_sellner | Div. 3 football
- Andrew MacDougall | @Andy_MacDougall | Div. 4 football
- Greg Joyce | @GJoyce9 | Div. 5 football
- Lorenzo Recupero | @LorenzoRecupero | Div. 6 football
- Liz Torres | @etorres446 | Girls volleyball
To reach the high school sports department, e-mail email@example.com.