Here's the game capsule (copied from here):
FACTS AND FIGURES
■Xaverian coach: Charlie Stevenson, 17th season (143-44-1).
■Xaverian points scored/game: 28.6 ppg.
■Xaverian points allowed/game: 12.6 ppg.
■Xaverian’s biggest lineman: Cam Colwell (6-5, 282 pounds).
■Xaverian’s stat men: Alex Phelan and Joe Colton have been a special tandem. Phelan has 21 touchdowns (13 passing) and Colton has 19 TDs.
■Xaverian captains: Cal Cuff, E/LB; Alex Phelan, QB; Mike Hyatt, E/LB; Cam Colwell, OL/DL.
■Xaverian seniors on roster: 18.
■Last Xaverian Super Bowl appearance: 2005; lost, 14-7, to Brockton.
■Everett coach: John DiBiaso, 28th season (225-62-1).
■Everett points scored/game: 22.1 ppg.
■Everett points allowed/game: 13.4 ppg.
■Everett’s biggest lineman: Jainyme DaSilveira (6-2, 270 pounds).
■Everett’s stat man: Jonathan DiBiaso, the coach’s son, has improved in his second season, tossing 14 touchdown passes.
■Everett captains: Jean Bourdeau, RB/DB; Rodman Noel, E/DB; Andrew Bowman, RB/LB; Sherwood Jonathas, LB; Mike LaRochelle, OL/LB.
■Everett seniors on roster: 16.
■Last Everett Super Bowl appearance: 2007; beat Dartmouth, 36-28, in overtime.
This is the second meeting between the teams. Xaverian and Everett met Oct. 17, Xaverian claiming a 19-13 victory. The Hawks’ offensive line play has been crucial to their success, with Cam Colwell and Jack Dustin paving the way for Joe Colton. Xaverian batters opposing defenses with its relentless rushing attack. Everett is coming off an upset of Billerica. The Tide have a suffocating defense. Their offense has been inconsistent but seems to be rounding into form at the right time. Manny Asprilla is a potent weapon for the Tide. He has a knack for breaking big runs.
Several reporters and editors contribute updates, news and analysis to the High School Sports Blog.
- Bob Holmes: A Reading resident (Go Rockets!) and Boston College graduate, Holmes is the Boston Globe High School Sports Editor. We remind you now that his weekly picks are often made in jest so everyone just calm down when he picks against Everett for 11 straight weeks. Contact him at email@example.com. Follow him on Twitter @GlobeHolmes.
- Craig Larson: A native of West Springfield (Leo Durocher anyone? Tim Daggett?) and Curry College graduate (a proud Colonel!), Larson is the sports editor for the Globe's regional sections: South, West and North, as well as a frequent contributor on the college beat. Abington to Xaverian: it all starts with the schools. Have a compelling story idea? Contact him at firstname.lastname@example.org. Follow him on Twitter @GlobeLars.
- Zuri Berry: Berry attended the same high school as sports legends O.J. Simpson and Joe DiMaggio. (Guess which one is his hero.) He's a South Boston resident (formerly of Eastie) and the editor of the High School Sports blog as well as the go-to-guy for everything high school sports on Boston.com. Contact him at email@example.com and follow him on Twitter @GlobeSchools for all of the latest updates.
Then there are our winter correspondents:
- Emily McCarthy | @EmilyMcCahthy | BPS correspondent
- Jake Fischer | @GlobeFischer | Boys basketball
- Michelle Fenelon | @michfenelon | Girls basketball
- Andrew MacDougall | @Andy_MacDougall | Boys hockey
- Liz Torres | @etorres446 | Girls hockey
To reach the high school sports department, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.