The Duxbury and Marshfield High School and youth hockey teams will start what they hope is an annual tradition on Martin Luther King Day called, "The Green and White Cup." One of the goals of The Green and White Cup, which is comprised of six hockey games at the Hobomock Arena, is to give back to the communities of Duxbury and Marshfield. Each year the home team will select a charity to benefit from the event. This year Marshfield has chosen the Marshfield Food Pantry. The food pantry is in need of soup, pasta, peanut butter, jelly, and canned fruits/vegetables. There will be a 50-50 raffle with proceeds benefiting scholarships given to a Duxbury and Marshfield senior hockey player with the top grade point average on their respective team.
11:10 a.m. -- Duxbury JV vs. Marshfield JV
12:20 p.m. -- Duxbury varsity vs. Marshfield varsity
8:10 a.m. -- Coastal Stars Squirt A vs. Duxbury squirt A
9:20 a.m. -- Coastal Stars Pee Wee B vs. Duxbury Pee Wee B
10:30 a.m. -- Coastal Stars Mite A's vs. Duxbury Mite A
11:40 a.m. -- Duxbury middle school vs. Marshfield middle school.
Several reporters and editors contribute updates, news and analysis to the High School Sports Blog.
- Bob Holmes: A Reading resident (Go Rockets!) and Boston College graduate, Holmes is the Boston Globe High School Sports Editor. We remind you now that his weekly picks are often made in jest so everyone just calm down when he picks against Everett for 11 straight weeks. Contact him at firstname.lastname@example.org. Follow him on Twitter @GlobeHolmes.
- Craig Larson: A native of West Springfield (Leo Durocher anyone? Tim Daggett?) and Curry College graduate (a proud Colonel!), Larson is the sports editor for the Globe's regional sections: South, West and North, as well as a frequent contributor on the college beat. Abington to Xaverian: it all starts with the schools. Have a compelling story idea? Contact him at email@example.com. Follow him on Twitter @GlobeLars.
- Zuri Berry: Berry attended the same high school as sports legends O.J. Simpson and Joe DiMaggio. (Guess which one is his hero.) He's a South Boston resident (formerly of Eastie) and the editor of the High School Sports blog as well as the go-to-guy for everything high school sports on Boston.com. Contact him at firstname.lastname@example.org and follow him on Twitter @ZuriBerry for all of the latest updates.
Then there are our winter correspondents:
- Alex Hall | @AlexKHall | Baseball
- Colleen Casey | @ColleenCasey226 | Softball
- Mike Giesta | Boys lacrosse
- Catherine Calsolaro | @catrenee13 | Girls lacrosse
- Liz Torres | @etorres446 | Boys volleyball
To reach the high school sports department, e-mail email@example.com.
- Waiting for Twitter...