With Xaverian and Winchester winning their play-in games Monday night for the Super 8 ice hockey tournament, that settled both the Division 1A bracket and the Division 1 North bracket for the state playoffs.
Burlington, which lost to Xaverian, will be the No. 1 seed in the Division 1 North bracket, taking a bye in the first round before facing the winner of the Billerica (8) and Lexington (9) game.
Central Catholic, which lost to Winchester, will be the No. 2 seed in the same bracket and face No. 15 Medford in the first round.
Here's the complete seeds for the MIAA Division 1 North bracket:
1. Burlington (14-4-2) .750
2. Central Catholic (13-4-3) .725
3. Woburn (15-4-1) .775
4. St. Mary's Lynn (12-7-1) .625
5. Waltham (10-5-5) .625
6. Arlington Catholic (10-7-4) .571
7. Melrose (9-7-4) .550
8. Billerica (10-8-2) .550
9. Lexington (10-8-2) .550
10. Acton-Boxboro (10-8-2) .550
11. Reading (9-8-3) .525
12. St. John's Prep (10-9-1) .525
13. St. John's Shrewsbury (8-8-4) .500
14. Andover (8-8-4) .500
15. Medford (7-12-1) .375
Several reporters and editors contribute updates, news and analysis to the High School Sports Blog.
- Bob Holmes: A Reading resident (Go Rockets!) and Boston College graduate, Holmes is the Boston Globe High School Sports Editor. We remind you now that his weekly picks are often made in jest so everyone just calm down when he picks against Everett for 11 straight weeks. Contact him at firstname.lastname@example.org. Follow him on Twitter @GlobeHolmes.
- Craig Larson: A native of West Springfield (Leo Durocher anyone? Tim Daggett?) and Curry College graduate (a proud Colonel!), Larson is the sports editor for the Globe's regional sections: South, West and North, as well as a frequent contributor on the college beat. Abington to Xaverian: it all starts with the schools. Have a compelling story idea? Contact him at email@example.com. Follow him on Twitter @GlobeLars.
- Zuri Berry: Berry attended the same high school as sports legends O.J. Simpson and Joe DiMaggio. (Guess which one is his hero.) He's a South Boston resident (formerly of Eastie) and the editor of the High School Sports blog as well as the go-to-guy for everything high school sports on Boston.com. Contact him at firstname.lastname@example.org and follow him on Twitter @GlobeSchools for all of the latest updates.
Then there are our fall correspondents:
- Anthony Gulizia | @gulizia_a | Div. 1 football
- Eric Russo | @erusso22 | Div. 2 football
- Stephen Sellner | @stephen_sellner | Div. 3 football
- Andrew MacDougall | @Andy_MacDougall | Div. 4 football
- Greg Joyce | @GJoyce9 | Div. 5 football
- Lorenzo Recupero | @LorenzoRecupero | Div. 6 football
- Liz Torres | @etorres446 | Girls volleyball
To reach the high school sports department, e-mail email@example.com.